Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple hundred rounds in and slide started catching about 1/2 inch from fully going into battery. It's like the slide is getting caught on something but I can't tell what. If I wiggle it a little bit it'll break free. Any thoughts or known issues on this one?

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Does it hang up with the mag removed and empty chamber or only when chambering a round? It's normal for there to be some hesitation as the case rim moves under the extractor hook...especially on a new gun until the extractor & spring wear in a bit. If it hangs up when empty I'd call Walther and describe the issue to them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Agree with Milspec on extractor, although it seems odd that it worked fine for the first couple hundred rounds. About 1/2 inch from full battery is also where the drop safety moves off the system housing ramp and hits the disconnector. It's also the point where the ejector passes a metal brace inside the left channel of the slide. Inspect the drop safety to see if it moves freely. The old design (rectangular shape) can get tilted and stick. If that's not it, inspect the ejector and see if there is any interference between the ejector the slide brace in the ejector channel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First of all it's actually hitting something about an inch before going fully forward so my apologies for the inaccurate eyeball information that probably threw you guys off. Here's what I found...

If you look at the back of the firearm there's a little rectangular opening on the right top of the trigger system housing block. The end of the flat piece of metal there was catching on a portion of the slide. The portion of the slide was cut to allow the metal to pass through but with play in the slide it would occasionally catch. It has now cleared and I can't get it to hang up again. I was going to lightly take the edges off both pieces to allow it to pass without catching.

I'll see if I can get a picture or reference the parts on the diagram for you, thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah good one! The good news is the piece of junk BlackBerry device the picture was taken with is in the process of being replaced by an iPhone 6 this week. It's a corporate device, so better pix soon......

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
gp1935 identified correctly.....sounds like either the striker safety may have a machining issue or the roll pin is out of alignment (not locked in fully).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts