Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance for anyone who helps.

anyone know of a better slide catch/release lever? bigger one maybe? more of a slant?

also why are p99 fullcap mags sooo expensive?
A buddy of mine bought 17rd mags for his g17 for 15 dollars.
Not cool....Especially when 15rd mags for the p99 are almost 40 dollars.

A little under 3x the price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
supply and demand buddy. supply of p99 parts aren't as high as glock parts because simply, there isn't as big of a demand for them (glocks are EVERYWHERE).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it illegal to make your own mag?

This guy at a local machine shop said he can make mags for a 1/4 of the cost, but he doesnt know if its legal, niether do I.

He said he can make the floor plate and exterior to the same specs of the factory mag using a CNC (I think thats what he said) machine, the only part that I have to do is get spring and the follower.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ask the guy how much he'd charge for the floor plates and what he's made them of. I tried to stick the floorplate design into a CAM program and it was very tricky. Cost would have been substantial unless you buy 1000 pieces. Of course I tried to make it true to the original. I'm sure you can cut some corners and end up with a functioning floor plate but it wouldn't look nor feel good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
don't see why it'd be illegal, especially now that the ban is over (before i could see how it'd be illegal to make hicaps when they were restricted to leo).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Magazines are no problem to make for domestic consumption - no exports though. I'd buy a nice quality metal floorplate for my mags and probably get a .40 cailber P99 too.

Let us know what you can come up with.... Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
BerettaFan,
Keep us posted, I know I would be interested in replacing my .40 floor plates with billet aluminum, or titanium. That is, if I can get replacements that are true in form and function to the originals, with the exception of the weakness obviously.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm with you on the billet aluminum floorplates. Anodize them black and we're better than new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to the shop on monday, the shop makes pulleys for race cars, they have a CNC machine...

From what I hear those CNC machines are pretty good in making exact duplicates... he said he can make me floorplates using left over chunks of aluminum from other projects... hopefully this will be cheap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know this may be a bit premature, but do you plan on making trying floor plates for bother the .40 cal. 10rd. and 11/12 rd. High caps, or just the 10 rd. I would be interested in replacing all of the polymer floor plates, rather than just the defective ones. Anyway please keep us posted about, success and approx. cost. You might have yourself a nice little business here if you choose to and I hope you will.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts