Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
And:

Although you didn't ask for it here's a photo comparison of the P99c/AS and the PPS..

Some folks might enjoy seeing the difference.

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The PPS recoil is as mild if not milder than the P99c

·
Registered
335 Posts
PX, how does the recoil compared to the P99c?

SW:

I've only fired the standard Wally World White Box (115grain), the Speer Gold Dot JHP's ((124grain), and the Double Tap Gold Dot (115grain +p) thru my PPS but I didn't find the recoil any "better or worse" (to me) than what I usually experienced with the P99c/AS (or P99/AS). Recoil was just simply never a consideration as it wasn't significant enough to be an issue.

The WWWB impacted poa/poi at 7 yards, the Speer Gold Dots impacted LOW at 7 yards and the Double Taps were poa/poi at 7 yards.

I think I'm turning into a Double Tap fan. Twice the rounds for the same price ($27 for 50), great specs and my PPS seems to like them just fine. I've only read good things about DT's from my research.

You might consider checking them out. :D

As to the PPS, I've VERY pleased with the size and performance of the new Walther. I cc with the shorter 6 round mag and there is a world of difference (for me) vs the P99c/AS which I LOVE, but is just so much thicker for cc.

Best Wishes,

JP

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
As to the PPS, I've VERY pleased with the size and performance of the new Walther. I cc with the shorter 6 round mag and there is a world of difference (for me) vs the P99c/AS which I LOVE, but is just so much thicker for cc.
So how do you like your PPS compared to your Sig 239?

·
Registered
335 Posts
So how do you like your PPS compared to your Sig 239?

JS:

Well, I've had the P239 since new, and it's an excellent pistol. I have CT Lasergrips on it. The P239 has the "long trigger" and just isn't "perfect" for me, and it's not as accurate as the P99c/AS.. It is a FINE pistol, but takes 2nd place to the P99c/AS.

I haven't shot my PPS and my P239 yet "head to head", but my gut instinct tell me the PPS is the pick of the two. I know it's more concealable, and that's a mighty big deal when you are talking concealed carry weapons. In fact I've had my P239 "put away" for some time now.

Another person with different likes and dislikes in a pistol, and smaller or larger hands and index fingers might prefer the Sig over the Walther... It's all subjective.

I've tried to rid myself of all of my "lesser" quality firearms, with the exception of my surplus Star BM.. I just like the old Star for some unknown reason. :D

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts