Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find scope mounts that fit on the light rail and rise above the slide. All I can find are associated with those damn airsoft guns that a so prevelant on the network. I would also like to know how to reduce the pull length or the amount of trigger pull required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My nephew has a nighthawk pellet gun with this same mount. I tried it on my P99 .40 and it came nowhere close to fitting without using a file. I want something that looks just like that, but would like to know if anyone has had any success with this mount before I commit to a $100 purchase.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Steve,
Maybe if you tell us what you want to accomplish with this "type" of mount........we can suggest something better.

That type of mount completely eliminates you being able to carry the Pistol in any "stock" holster.

My thoughts would be to look into the "Doctor" optical holographic sight that looks like a rear sight when mounted--very small & compact. Made in Germany I think, so it costs around $300 but it is a proven design and doesn't rely on batteries to work. It will allow your Walther to then be carried in most holsters. Just One of many options, you can go with.

If you want to mount a "scope" on the Walther - I think you are going to be dissappointed in so many ways. If you are going with Red dots or Holographics....... you need to buy quality or "recoil" will be the black hole you just keep dumping money into.

JF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for not mentioning the intended use. Scopes, in my opinion are ineffectual. I was looking for a way to mount a dot sight. Any suggestions on trigger responsiveness.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought one of those from Earls to mount a red dot so I had a sight that would see over a can. It worked fine and held zero for a thousand rounds till I took the project apart to steal the red dot and can for another project.

Rockets Out....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am quite certain that the Walther Factory Scope Mount P22/P99 from Floridagunworks will work, but the one from Earl's offers 3 additional mounts. This would allow for a flashlight on the side. I would prefer this option for shooting armadillos and coyotes at night or just general night protection.

Walther firearms(especially the P99) rock. It is the sexiest gun I have ever seen. It will also hold a tight group at 35 yards, but I would like some suggestions on how to increase trigger responsiveness.

Great forum and thanks for all the help!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Someone on this or another forum said they used a glock spring(can't remember which spring)to lighten the trigger pull by about a pound.........

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (usernamesteve @ Jan. 24 2006,17:28)]Sorry for not mentioning the intended use.  Scopes, in my opinion are ineffectual.  I was looking for a way to mount a dot sight.  Any suggestions on trigger responsiveness.
Look here there is one for the P99

Look what I found today..... don't know how good it would be or how well it keeps the sight.. but hey it will mount right to the slide ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts