Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend replacement sights for the M2 in 22lr ?

I have seen a number but a lot say PPQ M2 but not 22LR.

Alternatively can anyone tell me what size the grub screw is on the M2 22LR ? I have tired walther in germany - no response, tried national importer - "hard to get replacement from walther" and tried walther USA - "cant ship outside usa".

All I need is a replacement grub screw as the original seems to have stripped when trying to undo it and the allen key is not gripping it now which makes it very hard to set the sights.

Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
Are you sure it's the male threads which are stripped and not the female - or is it just the hex recess on the screw head? I'm not going to remove mine to measure it for you, as it is glued in (loctite), but the diameter is circa 3mm - so probably an M3. Why don't you just remove it and measure it, or take it to a DIY department and use their template? I don't see why it has to be a set screw (grub/blind screw) - you could probably get by with any screw of the correct thread and length, as long as the head doesn't protrude into the rear sight picture.

As I understand it, the sight is made by LPA (Italy), so if you really must have an original screw you might have better luck by contacting them:

LPA Ghilardi

Having said that, I have had very good experience with Walther Customer Service and am surprised that they haven't responded to your enquiry. Your Mail might have gone under, so I would suggest trying again.

Balor

By the way, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I can give you the parts number for that screw if it helps. Interestingly, it's the same parts number for that part for both the PPQ 22 and the CCP.

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
I downloaded the PPQ M2 22 owners manual. To my surprise, is says NOTHING about the front sight. The exploded view shows a screw with a head (part 34)....I was expecting an allen screw, like used on the full size PPQ plastic sight.

One thing that DID catch my eye was the method for windage adjustment.

From the manual:

Windage adjustment:
To adjust, loosen the set screw (SW1.5) (allen key - 416.70.04.3) and move the rear sight in the direction you wish the group to move on the target. (That sounds correct to me)

For example, if your shots should group to the right, move the rear sight to the right. (Who writes this chit? Better yet, does anyone actually proof read it?)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Windage adjustment:
To adjust, loosen the set screw (SW1.5) (allen key - 416.70.04.3) and move the rear sight in the direction you wish the group to move on the target. (That sounds correct to me)
I'm pretty certain this is the screw (set screw/grub screw) that the OP is referring to and not the front sight screw.

The Walther part number is 507.700.05.1 and it is shown as Nr.36 on the exploded parts diagram.

Balor

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Oh duh, I was thinking of the front sight screw because that's what the included Allen wrench is for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for the responses, it is the hex hole in the rear sight grub screw thats gone, part number 36 on the diag.

After badgering UK distributor and USA and German offices of Walther I finally got a response from germany - they are all on holiday so may take a little while but they will send me a replacement screw !!.

I would still be interested in other sights people have found that fit the PPQ M2 .22LR .

Ian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I understand it, the sight is made by LPA (Italy), so if you really must have an original screw you might have better luck by contacting them:

LPA Ghilardi
I did have a look at the site before, however I cannot find anything that would fit the PPQ M2 .22LR, all their sights appear to be steel rather than what feels like plastic on the gun.

I have emailed them for clarification but no response yet.

Ian

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Many thanks for the responses, it is the hex hole in the rear sight grub screw thats gone, part number 36 on the diag.

After badgering UK distributor and USA and German offices of Walther I finally got a response from germany - they are all on holiday so may take a little while but they will send me a replacement screw !!.

I would still be interested in other sights people have found that fit the PPQ M2 .22LR .

Ian
This is what I did:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/81202-accessories-parts-ppq-2.html#post850474

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry, I didn’t read this earlier, if it is the same screw used in the front sight of the PPQ M2 SC I have one I’ll give you. Send me your address in a private message and I’ll mail it to you.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sorry, I didn’t read this earlier, if it is the same screw used in the front sight of the PPQ M2 SC I have one I’ll give you. Send me your address in a private message and I’ll mail it to you.
The screw the OP is after is a “grub” screw, so called because it looks like a maggot - albeit a heavy-metal maggot. Also referred to as a set screw or blind screw.

Balor

·
Registered
300 Posts
These guys here are very helpful with sight problems.

If you still have problems with your rear sight or the sights in general.

Some guys on here have knocked out the rear sight and used a plate to mount a
red dot optic.

I thought about doing that for my PPQ .22 that has always shot high, but went to a Viridian green laser instead. With the laser now adjusted, I just ride the dot and get good hits. Not that crucial for a plinking .22 LR pistol.

I'd like to see Walther offer a optics ready 5 inch .22 by next year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the responses, I gather its a M3 x 3mm x 0.5 pitch, I have some due to arrive today so should be good.

I dont want to put an optic on as I am old school and prefer the iron sights - hopefully someone like LPA etc will make one for us soon.

I will look at the laser idea though.

Thanks again for everyone's help - much appreciated.

Ian

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks for the responses, I gather its a M3 x 3mm x 0.5 pitch, I have some due to arrive today so should be good.
Don't forget to come back to the forum and let us know how it worked out for you - especially the dimensions of the original Walther screw and any non-original ones you have tried.

This could help other users who have to deal with the same problem in the future and who search the forum for a solution.

A tiny screw might not seem like a big deal to some readers, but on this type of adjustable sight its failure can render the sight inoperable.

Balor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can confirm it is an M3 x 3mm x 0.5 pitch - I purchased a couple off the internet in A4 stainless steel which has a higher resistance to corrosion and it fitted perfectly :).

Thanks again for everyone's help/advice.

Ian

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd like to move up to a 5 inch .22, but really am waiting to see a Q5 Match in .22 LR.

Reactions: Warburrito
1 - 19 of 19 Posts