Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm getting 'on' a bit, I have gone from perfect eyesight to needing glasses for everything. I wear bi-focals now and I'm having a very hard time at the range trying to see sights. It's a bit frustrating. Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions to make this any easier ? Was considering just wearing readers.....the target might be a little blurry, but at least I wouldn't have to crain my head back to get the sights in focus.....gettin old ain't easy....

·
Registered
162 Posts
You might want to look into Progressive lenses.
I had the same problem with old eyes. I started with reading, then bifocals, and the progressive lenses. They did help.

Last year, found out I had cataracts and had those fixed. Now I'm glasses free again. Now I only need sunglasses.:cool:

Common Sense...The Rarest Of All Senses

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I have the same problem, but to a lesser degree. While the sights are a little fuzzy I can still make them out reasonably well.

A solution to this problem that I have actually seen is based on the Merritt system, in which an adjustable iris is attached to your glasses. It works like a "peep" sight, and helps your eye to focus. Us folks with bad close vision can adjust the "iris" until everything from the target to the sights is sharp and clear.

I met a fellow who took a small section of sheet brass and folded it over his safety glasses. He experimented with varying hole sizes until he came up with the right size for his eye.

The sheet brass is soft and easy to punch a hole in. Since it can be cut with sissors you can trim down a strip of it and form it over your eyeware. The advantage is that while cruder, it is a lot cheaper and easier to put on and off than the Merritt system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts