Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the description of the Walther PPS has been added to the "World Gun" web site. Interesting in that the pistol is less than an inch wide. Also very interesting in the safe storage mode that disables the pistol by removing the back strap (!). Leave it to Walther for innovation, even if this does sound a little crazy. I'd still love to have one of these pistols:

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg204-e.htm

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This system requires a manual re-cocking (by partial slide retraction) in the case of misfire. Gun is fitted with automated trigger safety and firing pin block; additional "storage-type" safety is provided by removable backstrap of the grip; once backstrap is removed, the firing pin is automatically decocked and gun is blocked until the backstrap is reinstalled. This patented system is called QuickSafe by Walther
Interesting write up...answers one of my questions...the PPS does not have double strike capability. But it raises another question. I hope the backstrap on this piece is drop proof. I would hate to hear of someone in the heat of the moment, drop the gun and the backstrap pop off, thereby rendering the gun useless. I would say it would be quite dire to try to replace the backstrap in the midst of a gunfight...:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts