Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PPS M2. I love the way it shoots but it came with big dot sights. I am not a fan of the accuracy. What’s the my best replacement option?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Trijicon HD’s (yellow). I see the yellow much better than the orange but it might just be me. These are not cheap but they are true night sights and made of steel. Quality item!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tru Glo Tritium Pro. Front and rear night sights that can be seen day or night. $60 something on Ebay. Installed myself and shoots like a laser!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Tru Glo Tritium Pro. Front and rear night sights that can be seen day or night. $60 something on Ebay. Installed myself and shoots like a laser!

My PPS M2 shoots like a laser too. Of course that is because it was sighted and test shooting confirmed with a Crimson Trace Green Laserguard on it. The perfect cure for old eyes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm slowly migrating everything to Dawson precision. My PPS M2 is the only pistol I have, though, that won't wear an x300U or x300V as a matter of course, though, so I *may* want a tritium front. Everything else is either FO or blacked out depending on whether it has a dot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time poster, long time shooter. I think sights are an overrated accessory for a compact pistol that is designed as much for concealment and ease of carry as it is for functionality. I focus on practicing to shoot where I look rather than using the sights. The chances of one having the time to aim in an emergency are probably zero. Better then to work on your instinctive skills. For me, better to spend money on ammo for practice than sights I'll never use. As an accessory that enhance the look of the pistol, however, some of them look super cool on the gun, which could sway me!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
First time poster, long time shooter. I think sights are an overrated accessory for a compact pistol that is designed as much for concealment and ease of carry as it is for functionality. I focus on practicing to shoot where I look rather than using the sights. The chances of one having the time to aim in an emergency are probably zero. Better then to work on your instinctive skills. For me, better to spend money on ammo for practice than sights I'll never use. As an accessory that enhance the look of the pistol, however, some of them look super cool on the gun, which could sway me!
I think what you are saying will work OK at close distances, and I agree that sharpening shooting instincts is a good thing to do. However, I put the CT green laser on my PPS M2 because I can see the point of impact from the moment I clear the holster with the gun pointed at the target. That green dot basically eliminate my need to aim. Put the dot where you want it and pull the trigger. I can do that from the hip, overhead on either side, etc. I call it enhanced point and shoot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Soon I am going to be mounting a HoloSun HS507K (new model) with co-witness for both of my PPS M2's, both already with Crimson Trace and TruGlow sights. Can never have too many sights! :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with this. I have an m2 and it’s a carry pistol. It’ll never be a sharp shooter and if you can consistently hit groups at 7-10 yds then you’re good. There’s better guns for more advanced sights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with this. I have an m2 and it’s a carry pistol. It’ll never be a sharp shooter and if you can consistently hit groups at 7-10 yds then you’re good. There’s better guns for more advanced sights.
I would agree also, in case for purely defense. For my wife and I, we also like to shoot for sport and just the shhts and giggles of it. We have fun doing it and although we often shoot a nice compact like the PPS M2, we have 3 sight options available (iron, laser, red-dot) which provides us with a variety of things to utilize and, more specifically, to better train with (and play with). We get a lot of value out of using each system for training. For example, we don't normally use our laser sights for targeting, but often times to improve our stability. Laser sights are a fantastic way to visualize, quite accurately, the stability of your stance, grip, etc... In the case of a defensive situation, it is extremely unlikely that we would utilize any of these sights as you indicate, but in the meantime, they are fun and informative to use.

Just my two cents .. :alien:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would agree also, in case for purely defense. For my wife and I, we also like to shoot for sport and just the shhts and giggles of it. We have fun doing it and although we often shoot a nice compact like the PPS M2, we have 3 sight options available (iron, laser, red-dot) which provides us with a variety of things to utilize and, more specifically, to better train with (and play with). We get a lot of value out of using each system for training. For example, we don't normally use our laser sights for targeting, but often times to improve our stability. Laser sights are a fantastic way to visualize, quite accurately, the stability of your stance, grip, etc... In the case of a defensive situation, it is extremely unlikely that we would utilize any of these sights as you indicate, but in the meantime, they are fun and informative to use.

Just my two cents .. :alien:
No I see your point and understand. I want to get as much practice when it comes to firearms too. M2 was my first and felt it has a lot of recoil for lasers/sights to be affective, for me. Im planning on getting my second (full sized) as soon as Covid let’s my permit come. I just think the lasers and different sights would be better suited on a full sized pistol though. To each their own.🤙

·
Registered
13 Posts
No I see your point and understand. I want to get as much practice when it comes to firearms too. M2 was my first and felt it has a lot of recoil for lasers/sights to be affective, for me. Im planning on getting my second (full sized) as soon as Covid let’s my permit come. I just think the lasers and different sights would be better suited on a full sized pistol though. To each their own.🤙
I guess I just like having some fun with different sights. I am quite a gadget freak so I kind of gravitate to the gadgets. I hope you are able to get your second full-size soon. In our area (Tennessee) I had no problem getting a pair of guns ordered from Bud's and sent to a local little FFL gun store this week. I absolutely agree with you that laser sights are probably more effective with a larger gun. I am sure that is true and red-dot's probably aren't any different in that regard as well. The point is well taken that in a dire situation one is very unlikely to really sight anything. Pointing and pulling is most likely the course of action. I hope you are doing well with the lock down and I hope it ends for you soon. It has mostly ended here in Tennessee and supposed to officially end tomorrow (Fri., May 1st). Take care!

:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
All valid ideas with this gun. I initially got ok results with the stock LE sights, but when I got the CT laserguard it showed me exactly how accurate the gun really is. I still like to have decent irons on it besides the laser, and like others, I train both ways to stay proficient.. However, I did recently change out the stock sights with "Speed Sights" [green front, white rear diamonds, no tritium], and they work extremely well on this gun for getting precise shots on target and a fast sight picture. Downside - they're a little bigger and taller than the stock sights, yet I haven't found that to be an issue for me when I carry it. Best upside - compared to the stock sights, the Speed Sights have given me far more confidence when I shoot it, due to a higher degree of precise accuracy, and a much quicker sight pickup for initial and follow-up shots. I shoot this gun a lot just for fun and these sights are very rewarding to use. I'm the kind of shooter who has more fun when I'm shooting more accurately, and these sights deliver.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just ordered a FO front sight from Dawson Precision. For $39.00 I thought it was worth a shot.
How that working for you? Looking for better sights myself. Considering Tijicon HDs - but they don't have the new HD-XS model (yet) for the PPS. So dithering....

·
Registered
13 Posts
How that working for you? Looking for better sights myself. Considering Tijicon HDs - but they don't have the new HD-XS model (yet) for the PPS. So dithering....
I replaced my PPS M2 sights with TruGlo TFX Pro sights and I just love them. I like them so much that I am replacing the sights on my Sig P365 with them and my wife wants me to replace the sights on her Sig P238 with them as well. They are fantastic sights.

TruGlo TFX Pro for Walther PPS M2

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
>How that working for you? Looking for better sights myself. Considering Tijicon HDs - but they don't have the new HD-XS model (yet) for the PPS. So dithering<<
So far it seems to be ok. I've only shot it once, but the POI seems to be equivalent to the stock sight. The key is to get as close to the height of the original sight as possible. I've also installed a Dawson on my PPQ 5", with similar success.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I have the TruGlo TFX Pros on my PPS. I like them a lot. Great sights for a defensive pistol like the PPS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the M2 optic and it shoots very accurately. I ran through my annual retired LEO qualification and intentionally aimed center mass from start to finish on the first run. from the 7-15 yard lines it my group was 3-3.5 inches. On the 2nd run I went for head shots and same thing except losing one on a mag change and recovery.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts