Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just bought PPQ M2 with 4" barrel in 9mm. This is my first and only (so far) Walther. I've shot couple of hundred rounds and I like it a lot.
Great ergonomics and great trigger. I have a question on sights.

Looks like it shoots using sight picture 1. If I use pic 2 then it shoots too high,
about 2" high at 15 yards. I used S&B 124. AE 147 shoots even higher.

pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » Sight Picture

I would expect a combat pistol to use sight picture 2, pic 1 is normally used for bullseye competitions.

What about your PPQs, do they also sighted for pic 2 [edit] for pic 1?

I saw a sticky in FAQ but it's old and inconclusive.

I've read Walther had a set of plastic front sights of different heights but I do not see it on their website, do you know if it's still available?
I'd prefer to have my defensive pistol to be sighted with pic 2.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I see, THX

Just measured that my front sight is .177" (4.5mm) tall and .141" (3.6mm) wide. There is number 4 on them.

So I need to bring my front sight higher, need to calculate by how much.

Ultimately, I want to install night sights but I want to find out the correct sizes to have sight picture 2.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The correct sight picture for the PPQ is position 3. Most guns have the sights set up for a 25yards center POI using mid range bullet weight. Before you go after factory sights might I suggest you buy a set of SpeedSights they improve your accuracy over the factory sights. Also take into account that bullet weigh will effect the impact point. Lighter bullets will hit lower than heavier bullets. 147gr bullets will hit higher and produce the least amount of perceived recoil. If you are shooting 115gr bullet I would expect it to shoot lower. If you are shooting less the 25 yards I would expect the POI to be low. The SpeedSights are setup to shoot position 2, mine are dead on. Old Fart has more has more experience with SpeedSights than I do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sight 2 always seems to work for me. Sight 3 if it’s something like 5 yards.

However, I did notice when I first got the PPQ it would always shoot to the right and I thought it was me.

Turns out the rear sight was out of alignment (maybe through shipping?) and a quarter turn or so put it back pretty close. I haven’t zeroed it or anything but I’m not shooting for crazy accuracy, anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.