Walther Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
My opinion is that meprolight are the best sights available. Easy to find on eBay at a significant discount. I bought mine from a seller called fuddlebucks, also my extra mags. Good seller.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The Heavy Duty versions of the Trijicon sights have been a serious improvement for me. They are far easier to see with these high-milage eyes and are the only modification I have ever wanted for my PPS M1. I find the U shaped rear a subtle, but important change over stock sights.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I agree that the Trijicons are great. My favorites are Truglo TFX Pro which are $129+ and I have on my house gun, my PPQ with my TLR 1s,etc. BUT for the money, I think the Meprolights are the best deal. I would get a sight pusher even if I was doing this once. It will pay for itself after one installation (or one scratch from not having one.) Unless the shop you buy sights from will put them on for you. (Many will, just ask.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed the TruGlo Tritium Pro on my M2. $69 on Amazon Prime. I've never done sights on any gun before. I was daunted because sight pushers for Walther seem to be hard to find, and none of the local smiths I called had one and weren't interested.

So I decided to see what would happen if I just did it with a punch. It was the easiest gun mod I think I've ever made, other than Talon grip wrap. :D Used the brass hammer and a brass punch and easily knocked the OEM rear sight out. Used the nylon head on the hammer and knocked the new sight in, then used a brass punch to keep it going once it was fully in the channel. Completely drama-free. Glad I did this. All you really need is a bench vice to hold the slide steady, and a good punch/hammer set (about 20 bucks on Amazon if you don't already have one.)

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I just installed the TruGlo Tritium Pro on my M2. $69 on Amazon Prime. I've never done sights on any gun before. I was daunted because sight pushers for Walther seem to be hard to find, and none of the local smiths I called had one and weren't interested.

So I decided to see what would happen if I just did it with a punch. It was the easiest gun mod I think I've ever made, other than Talon grip wrap. :D Used the brass hammer and a brass punch and easily knocked the OEM rear sight out. Used the nylon head on the hammer and knocked the new sight in, then used a brass punch to keep it going once it was fully in the channel. Completely drama-free. Glad I did this. All you really need is a bench vice to hold the slide steady, and a good punch/hammer set (about 20 bucks on Amazon if you don't already have one.)

Cheers!
I use the TFX Pro Day/Night sights on all of my guns. Glad you had an easy time

21 - 28 of 28 Posts