Walther Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
We were discussing the test targets of SIG P49/P210, not those of SIG Sauer/Walther/H&K pistols. Modern Walthers (except the small-calibre match models) are test-fired at 15 or 10 meters, older Walthers, such as the P5, as well as the current SIG Sauer sport models at 25 meters (as opposed to 50 meters). The German manufacturers reveal neither the ammunition type nor the batch. The P49/P210, both the military and the private version, was tested with ordnance munition and the date of the batch is noted on the test target. The tests were done in a machine rest in order to have a measurable indication of the pistol's mechanical accuracy, as opposed to testing from a bench hand rest, where subjective influences can not be ruled out (for example, if the tester's mother-in-law had come to stay for the weekend).

I note that the member who introduced this off-topic theme has since made himself scarce and has not responded to the request to post his test target.

Balor
That the Swiss machine-rest tested their P210s at 50 meters and tracked the ammo used shows a real commitment to quality and accuracy.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Wow! Now it's getting nasty!

The bailiffs have impounded the production machinery - so it looks like the authorities had the feeling that someone was going to do a runner.

Balor
Too bad. I was kind of hoping Sig would relocate their equipment to the other side of the French border.

It's happened before and produced good results!

·
Registered
491 Posts
The latest in this sorry saga:
Production at Eckernförde has now ceased and the workers have been sent home (at least for the time being). All finished products which were ready for delivery have had bailiff's stickers slapped on them and are now, together with the production machinery, effectively the property of the state of Schleswig-Holstein. Accounts have been frozen and the company is now, in effect, paralysed.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I've been bidding the B&H Waffen German made P226 LDCs in the last few weeks, prices have been exceeding the 1.8k euro MSRP by around 1k.

Looks like those last few LDCs still available will go stratospheric now (I expect prices over 4k)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Interesting opinion about the reasons, which caused the decline of Sig Sauer Eckernförde, written in an article by Katja Triebel, current owner of an old and famous German arms dealer, translated by Google translate.

Google Übersetzer

Original German website.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A typical P210 made in Switzerland by SIG was test fired at a distance of 50 metres with the help of a machine.

View attachment 92910

The P210 models made in Germany by SIG Sauer however were test fired at 25 metres only.
Sorry to take so long but just got back to this site today. I happen to have a picture of my test target and it looks like the one you posted, so mine also was fired from a machine rest! Too bad, another favorite myth of mine destroyed! OTOH, now I don’t feel as bad that I have never been able to put even 2 shots in one hole at 50 meters🤠

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
At SIG Sauer in Eckernfoerde the pistols were tested off-hand. I knew two of the Anschusschuetzen that had worked there, both were excellent shots and very successful competitors.
SIG Sauer GmbH is a fairly new company by German standards, evolving out of Sauer & Sohn, which still exists and is manufacturing their very successful hunting rifle line at the factory in Isny. They are not directly affected, neither is SIG Sauer Inc. It still is the end of an era in Northern German handgun manufacturing, especially after Korth also went south ... I mean moving to Lollar, a good 40 miles south of Ratzeburg, which like SIG Sauer was before in the northern most state of Schleswig Holstein..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
What's going on with Mauser ? I thought that they were owned by Sig .

·
Registered
491 Posts
What's going on with Mauser ? I thought that they were owned by Sig .
As far as I know, they're still quite happily building hunting rifles together with their “roommates” Blaser Jagdwaffen (same premises, Ziegelstadel 1) in the same small town in Allgäu mentioned in the post before yours.

In fact, if you were to stand at their front door and yell at the top of your voice they would probably hear you over at J.P. Sauer und Sohn - approximetly 100 meters away in the same street (Ziegelstadel 20), which, in spite of the pin on the Google map, has the same address as Minox.

All four belong to the same L & O Holding (as do SIG Sauer GmbH, Eckernförde, SIG Sauer Inc., Exeter, New Hampshire and even the venerable John Rigby & Co.), but are unaffected by the turbulence in Eckernförde.

Balor

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
The last few available Master Shop handguns are going for crazy money now.
An X6 (P226 w/6" barrel) just sold for $4525.00, plus shipping, and plus taxes based on the "ship to" address.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
A B&G listed Master Shop P220 X6 skeleton sold for $5425.00 a few days ago.
GB item 874104777.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
That is crazy. No handgun is worth that much to me. Especially not a current production gun even if it is a fine tuned competition pistol.
Exactly why I posted it.
Seems collectors are going crazy lately.
I picked up my nearly new Pardini GT9 for less then half what the 220 X6 sold for.
Good examples of the Benelli B76s and B80s are selling for crazy money too. Slightly used P88 Champions are selling in the +$3.5k range.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts