Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have the commercial P320 M17 not commemorative and I love it.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The P320 is a terrific pistol. Personal preference but I am not fond of how the trigger breaks so far forward with little take up for self defense purposes. Just not something I am used to with my other pistols. I am still want to take a look at the new P320 XCompact when it becomes available supposedly by April.

Like anything else with firearms ii is always best to try out what you are considering before buying to see if it works to your expectations.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
A P320/M17 came available at a local shop; I've all of our modern service pistols back to the 1911, so I snagged it.
Bore axis is a little higher than a Glock, but the grip is smaller and feels good in my hands. It looks like the other, hammer fired Sigs.

For administrative handling, the manual safety is handy, and I like the look of the FDE. I am puzzled by the color, tho'. Does our military assume all our future wars will be fought in the sandbox?
It will be another range queen; I like the trigger perhaps better than a Glock. What everyone has to keep in mind regarding triggers...striker guns aren't ever going to be close to a good 1911 or a Smith revolver.
Moon

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
I am puzzled by the color, tho'. Does our military assume all our future wars will be fought in the sandbox?
FDE is a more neutral color than black. Even with the snow we've been getting lately I can look around and still see browns and grays. FDE will blend in nicely on a green camoflaged uniform.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've got a P320 Carry all FDE/coyote with an Apex trigger kit installed, in the box unfired with holster and everything, I'd sell at a really good price. But, it's not 9mm it's in 357 Sig.

Jim D

·
Registered
929 Posts
Are these being issued to our Military yet?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone put slip on grip on this M17....like an Uncle Mike's. I have them on all my other guns - Q's, Canik, and really like them. But sort of feel like I'd be committing heresy by putting a black slip on grip on this gun.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Triggers

Shot my new sig P320 M17 9mm today. Shot 2 boxes ammo- first box I was lousy. Guess I got a little more used to the gun (never had a sig), and shot better, but nothing to brag about.

I have been shooting my 3 Q's and Canik 327 a lot...big difference in the trigger on the M17- heavier pull...guess I'll just have to get used to it

Any comments or advice? thanks

·
Registered
929 Posts
I read that the Navy is to get the compact version?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts