Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Interesting as this looks like a direct competitor to the Walther PPQ Match SF. The grip module is infused with Tungsten to give an overall weight of 43.5 oz. I bet accuracy of this will be outstanding as full size regular P320s are known to be very accurate. I have not bought a new pistol in over 3 years and itching to get something for range use this year but as of now the SIG P210A Target is leading contender but always nice to see new models come out and am very interested in reading reviews on this one.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blo...OKT6eZWb13tFEH-nte6OXdTQ1MOIH7zpOIfAJDONWTIJ4

The X5 Legion will be offered in high capacity and 10rd (AKA the I live in a liberal state version) variant. The high capacity magazine will hold 17 rounds and the base pads are aluminum. The other P320 mags. (17rd and 21rd) should work as well since the height hasn't changed.

Part numbers:

17rd version: 320X5-9-LEGION-R2 / UPC 798681618286
10rd version: 320X5-9-LEGION-R2-10 / UPC 798681618293

Features:

TXG Tungsten Infused Heavy XGrip Module
Legion Gray PVD Slide with Lightening Cuts
Aluminum Base Pads
Optic Ready Compatible with Delta Point PRO and ROMEO1 PRO Optics
Lightened and Skeletonized Trigger
5” Match Grade Bull Barrel
Dawson Precision® Fiber Optic Front & Adjustable Rear Sight
(3) 17rd (OR 10rd in Compliant States) Steel Magazines with Henning Group® Aluminum Basepads

·
Super Moderator
7,361 Posts
Presume it is a P320/M17 mechanically, tho' ballasted for additional weight. Wonder what the trigger is like?
Moon

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Presume it is a P320/M17 mechanically, tho' ballasted for additional weight. Wonder what the trigger is like?
Moon
Hard to tell how that would be until they come out. I expect SIG will do a bit of extra TLC on this model as far as trigger goes.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am a SIG fan, and it is probably a fine pistol, but get a P210 [Swiss>German>American] ;)
Apples to oranges, will have to wait and see. If I buy a P210 it will definitely be a P210A. I don't want to spend a lot on a used P210 and find out I bought a money pit to get right and parts hard or impossible to come by. Reports are P210A hangs right with the Swiss and German P210s accuracy wise with excellent trigger right out of the box. I handled a P210A at LGS earlier in the year and the trigger put the CZ Shadow 2 I also handled at the same time to shame.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Most certainly apples and oranges, and the P210 has a much lower capacity, if that matters. Also, the Euro-style magazine heel release bugs some people, but the action and trigger on the vintage guns are sublime. FWIIW, I have never heard of a vintage P210 being a money pit, although magazine prices are stupidly expensive. Prices for the new-production P210s seem very reasonable.

Reactions: grumpy1

·
Super Moderator
7,361 Posts
Yeah, the P210A is beckoning to me as well. Hopefully, real prices will drift down a little.
I am recently come to an affection for SIGs, after a bad experience with an MPX. The P365 is a gem, and got a P320 since it is the new service pistol. They aren't the German/Swiss guns, but they are useful in their own right.
Moon

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
The new P210 prices are going to come down as more stock accumulates. Vintage P210 are a bit pricey, but worth it for the trigger and the precision (mechanical and ballistic).

Alternatively, if you want a classic West German P22x pistol at a (still) affordable price, get a nice example of a surplus P6. They are often well maintained and nicely broken in (smooth triggers). Better yet, get a vintage P225 if you are willing to pony up a bit more money. Rock-solid reliability in a compact single-stack, all-metal design. My P6 likes riding along in the car, like a faithful dog :)

·
Super Moderator
7,361 Posts
Geo', good tip on the P6, tho' I'm getting away from double/single autos. But then, I bought one of those North American mini-Schofields the other day. Strange things follow me home. ;)

Moon

Reactions: GeoNole94

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah, the P210A is beckoning to me as well. Hopefully, real prices will drift down a little.
I am recently come to an affection for SIGs, after a bad experience with an MPX. The P365 is a gem, and got a P320 since it is the new service pistol. They aren't the German/Swiss guns, but they are useful in their own right.
Moon
It doesn't seem like pricing is coming down much on the P210A, at least the Target model where about $1450 (retail is $1700) is the going price though one may find a little lower but as always needs to take shipping and charge card fees into account when pricing. Of course now that I am more seriously interested in one my LGS does not have any after being in stock for a while. It does not seem like SIG is trying to flood the market with the P210A pistols and makes them in smaller batches from time to time. I have yet to handle the P210A standard model.

I am looking for a good shooting range pistol and by all accounts the P210A is that where I have read several postings of owners with multiple Swiss/German P210s that really like their P210A also and find it to shoot as well as their other P210s. I am not looking for a P210 as a potential investment as IMO there are far better investments for the long term than firearms that can be bought and sold with the click of a mouse. To me having a new SIG P210A with warranty and parts availability would be another bonus in case such is ever needed. I also like the controls and beaver tail that SIG did on the P210A.

The American Rifleman did a test on the P210A and found it to be a quite accurate shooter with 1/2 in groups at 25 yards with a variety of ammo. A forum member on SIGforum found similar accuracy with cheap ammo like Federal American Eagle 124.

This sure is good times to be a firearm enthusiast.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/12/21/tested-sig-sauer-s-made-in-america-p210-pistol/

Recent video about SIG P210A at NRA show.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My Sig itch is satisfied by my two P6s. If I add a Sig, it'll be a Swiss 210.

Gave up waiting for a poly RDS 45acp Sig (a'la P320 RX) a few years ago. Sold my P227 because I shoot my Q45 better.

FWIW, a Legion poly gun? That's a BIG pass IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
7,361 Posts
This will have to be a 'wait for it' sort of gun. I was in a hurry for the P365, because it is a great carry gun. I've other 9mms for range runs, including some 9mm 1911s.
Moon

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
My Sig itch is satisfied by my two P6s. If I add a Sig, it'll be a Swiss 210.
Yeah, it took me a couple of years to plunk down the money, plus I have added substantially to the original package, but I have zero regrets with my >$5k package. I own, or have owned, several higher-end classics, and my Swiss P210-1 is at the top of that short list.

FWIIW, I agree with Grumpy, guns are generally not good investments, but the P210 investment is about more than money.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I handled and dry fired the p320 X5 Legion yesterday and I was very impressed with it. By far the best P320 trigger I have ever tried and reports are it is about 3.5 LBs. Just by holding and dry firing it did not seem near as heavy as it was. LGS had it priced at $899. Hopefully SIG will be at the store some time soon for demos of the P320 X5 Legion and the new P365XL too. I don't do any competition but it looks to be a candidate for a really sweet range gun at a pretty decent price.

·
Super Moderator
7,361 Posts
BTW, a buddy bought a CZ-something the other day; striker 9mm service pistol. He did point something out; the CZ has a noticeably lower bore axis than the P320. Why Sig did this is a mystery; the 320 grip appears to be identical (in profile) to their older, double/single pistols.
I'm anxious to shoot the M17 back to back with his CZ, or even my G19 (crappy trigger, lower bore axis).
On the 'tother hand, another 'defense' pistol platform is a rabbit hole I'd rather avoid. The Glocks (the P365) remain the go-to autos; lets me spend my money on neat stuff. ;)
BTW, I don't see my guns as 'investments' especially, but I get to enjoy them, and my heirs and assigns will enjoy their cash value.

Moon

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Personally I don't concern myself with bore axis. I shoot a pistol and make a decision on how I like it. I have never owned a P320 yet but the couple I shot were great shooters like the P320 Compact and they came off as pretty soft shooters. There are so many factors in the performance of a pistol and bore axis is just one possible small factor. Pistol mass, mass distribution, slide mass, slide mass distribution, slide velocity, RSA spring/hammer spring, frame material, and grip size/shape/texture and how well it interfaces with shooters hand/fingers all factor in also. I like that the P320 X5 Legion uses 1911 springs for easy tuning to user preference with a wide range of ammo. Not sure I will buy one but am very intrigued and hope to be able to try one out at some point. There sure are a lot of interesting pistol designs out there these days. I have not bought a new pistol in 3 years and want to possibly buy a few before next spring before next buying panic sets in and resulting increase in prices and decrease in supply.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
He did point something out; the CZ has a noticeably lower bore axis than the P320. Why Sig did this is a mystery; the 320 grip appears to be identical (in profile) to their older, double/single pistols.
Because the P320 is an updated and redesigned striker fired version of the P250, which was a hammer fired DAO pistol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting as this looks like a direct competitor to the Walther PPQ Match SF. The grip module is infused with Tungsten to give an overall weight of 43.5 oz. I bet accuracy of this will be outstanding as full size regular P320s are known to be very accurate. I have not bought a new pistol in over 3 years and itching to get something for range use this year but as of now the SIG P210A Target is leading contender but always nice to see new models come out and am very interested in reading reviews on this one.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blo...OKT6eZWb13tFEH-nte6OXdTQ1MOIH7zpOIfAJDONWTIJ4
Its out of stock now :confused:

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-365xl-9-bxr3.html

1 - 20 of 23 Posts