Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those you you who own a PP Super in 9x18 Ultra, Simpson's listed yesterday a seldom-seen SIG P230. (9mm Police is another name for the Ultra cartridge.) These are fairly common in Western Europe, but were not sold commercially in the US and are rarely imported. I can count the ones I have seen for sale in the US on one hand. I got a like-new one in 2018 or I would snap up this one. Just passing it along to other 9x18 enthusiasts on the Walther Forums.

https://simpsonltd.com/sig-p230-z42849/

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Probably so, but surprising enough I never tried it. The PP Super mags are identical, and I believe they are interchangeable for the Mauser HSc Mod. 80. I haven’t got a Benelli 9mm mag to compare, but I would fully expect that it would work in my Benelli 9x18.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Probably so, but surprising enough I never tried it. The PP Super mags are identical, and I believe they are interchangeable for the Mauser HSc Mod. 80. I haven’t got a Benelli 9mm mag to compare, but I would fully expect that it would work in my Benelli 9x18.
Benelli 9x18? That one I'm not familiar with. If it's easy maybe post a picture some time.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The B82; each caliber was given its own model designation, but they are essentially identical except for chambering.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Benelli 9x18? That one I'm not familiar with. If it's easy maybe post a picture some time.
I posted some a while back in the Non-Walter Guns thread, although the links might have been deactivated by Photobucket. I fully intend to (soon?) port over all my gun photos to Imgur and update WF links. Send me a PM with your email and I will send over some .jpg. They look just like a B76 except they only came with black plastic grips (Italian police). I replaced mine with some really nice custom wood grips that a fellow in Raleigh made for me. I will send over those photos, too. The B76 is a cool gun and they routinely sell for over $1200 on GB. A B76 is in my top-5 too-acquire gun list. Incidentally, the B82 is the most pleasant of the four 9x18 pistol models to shoot (the other three are simple blowback, with the PP Super second to the Benelli in least felt recoil).

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Lee, they are all identical except for those parts dimensional to the calibers. For 9x18, this is what I have found from least to most felt: Benelli, Walther, Mauser, SIG. There is a significant difference between the Benelli and the Walther, and a noticeable difference between the Walther and the other two. The Mauser-SIG difference is negligible, if present at all, IIRC. Each one is a cool pistol in its own right.

Regarding the SIG, I now have one each in .380, 9x18, and .32. I have yet to shoot them as a group, although I am sure that order is also least to most pleasant to shoot at the range.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read where the .380 and .32 version of the B76 series were straight blowback.

When you get a chance, see if the .380 mag works in the Ultra.
Ah, my assumption based on the 9mm and 9x18 Benelli that the .380 was the same design. Extrapolated that assumption to the .32, so may have made an a$$ out of myself twice.

Funny that they still show the P230 as unsold on the website, Simpson’s is very good about updating the status online, less it just happened today.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Whoever bought that STOLE it. I've only seen ONE other in 9x18. They were made for the Japanese Police. If you remember the .32's with the safety and lanyard ring, those were the export version.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dimensionally, they appear identical, and the .380 mags will seat and lock back the slide in the 9x18 pistol. What happens with ammo, Michael?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts