Walther Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
YOU claimed that there is a "big difference" between the guns but when asked to explain the differences, you dodge the question. If you don't know the answer, just say so.
Big difference in market value. You can’t compare the two in terms of value. They don’t even use the same design.

It’s market value. If YOU knew anything about the P210, you wouldn’t have made that kind of statement in the first place.

That being said, yes the Swiss and German models are definitely more refined. I have many P210’s and have had many more.

I do like the P210A and plan to get the Carry model at some point.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats a nice old Luger! I should have bought some years ago, but didn’t have the time to bring myself up to speed with yet another complicated maze of models, all with different values and many of which had been through the mill, ie two world wars! So, I decided I wanted a brand new one and what could be better than those being made again by Mauser, supposedly on original equipment to original drawings saved from the war, at the same Oberndorf address too! I like the Swiss pattern which right away showed I was not a purist. Just seemed that an extra safety for the old gun was extra insurance. I have one from off the top of my head is mid production, so about 35 years old and was asnib until I decided to put a box of ammo through it around 5 years ago! It ate whatever I fed it, reloads, fmj, some small hollow point. The magazine spring is extremely stiff which gives it reliable feeding. Its my favorite close examination pistol! It’s no Kreighoff but its a very beautifully made Mauser Swiss pattern with a 4" or 5" barrel, box, papers, 2 mags, loading tool, cleaning rod, test target and manual! Apparently worth almost $3k now and that’s nice!
I love it like the old fashioned typewriter or sewing machine it is in addition for what it represents as a functioning historical pistol! Guess I don’t have a picture handy so here’s a pic of my Colt/Browning M1908. .380! This one's as old as my WW2 fighter pilot pal Bud Anderson was last January, 100 years and still functional as a concealed weapon! One of the first pocket pistols, all curved smoothed surface's, internal hammer, for old fashioned “Big Pockets” and a little bit heavier than my TPH or a PPK/PP but easy recoil with a .380 due to its weight. I can bounce a tin can until the mag empties with it! With the single action cocked/locked, manual and grip safeties, it can be carried and is a very slim, very accurate, blow back weapon. The .32 is really really sweet! Like shooting a precision BB pistol! These pictures don’t do it justice, it looks even better in your hand and feels just as nice too! They are why I gave up my PPK’s!
That's a nice old Colt. I recently shot a 1903 Colt in .32 that a friend owns. The old Colt pocket pistols are sweet and in .380 would be even better.

I've collected a few Lugers between 1958 and now. I have "shooters" in both 9mm and .30 that I frequently take to the range and I have others that I do not shoot due to value. Not so long ago I bought a Mauser "Parabellum" model 06/73 made in 1973 and proof marked at Ulm. It appears to be unfired. Mauser did indeed do a fine job making the new Lugers. Mine is in 9mm. The new Mauser Lugers were selling for very little in the 1990's and I should have bought a bunch of them then. They have increased in value greatly since then. Personally, I like the Imperial Lugers best.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's a nice old Colt. I recently shot a 1903 Colt in .32 that a friend owns. The old Colt pocket pistols are sweet and in .380 would be even better.

I've collected a few Lugers between 1958 and now. I have "shooters" in both 9mm and .30 that I frequently take to the range and I have others that I do not shoot due to value. Not so long ago I bought a Mauser "Parabellum" model 06/73 made in 1973 and proof marked at Ulm. It appears to be unfired. Mauser did indeed do a fine job making the new Lugers. Mine is in 9mm. The new Mauser Lugers were selling for very little in the 1990's and I should have bought a bunch of them then. They have increased in value greatly since then. Personally, I like the Imperial Lugers best.
i had a few of the 1970's Mauser Lugers. I kept one which is the Sport model. Less than 100 made, so I figured to hold onto it.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
When it came time to add a Luger to the collection, I chose an early, numbers matching (7k range) non-commercial 1900 DWM American Eagle.
Was looking at John V Martz firearms at the time too.
Buying a Martz restored Luger knocked two guns off the list with one purchase.

Over 120 years old.

White Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Four months later and only two of those P210s have been sold.
Nine of the 11 from the Jan 2 pic are still available today.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I picked up a new P210A Standard two weeks ago...

It is, by far, the best fitted, smoothest, most accurate handgun I have ever owned. Sure an Ed Brown 1911 is probably better, but is it three or four times the price I paid better? I rather doubt it.
I have put 371 rounds through it so far. Everything from 115gr. FMJ Federal Champion cheap range fodder, to 147gr. Federal HST JHPs, nine different brands in total, and it ate them all, the only issue was two light strikes on some CBC 124gr. NATO ammo, that it has since ran just fine. There is no play in the slide, and none in the barrel lock up. It is so much better than I can shoot it that it is making me a better shooter every time I fire it.

Does it have the exclusivity of one of the original Swiss 210s? Nope. Do I care? Not one damn bit. The thing just plain works at a level far above it's price point, easily exceeding my custom CZs, and I didn't have to wait months to years for it. The slide feels as if on ball bearings. The trigger breaks just under 3 pounds, in a wonderful, crisp, snapping glass way. The grips are the only real let down, and I have new ones arriving today.

Would I like an original Swiss model, sure, but not at 2 to 4 times what this one costs. Best money I EVER spent on a handgun.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts