Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree on the prices being too high.
My German handgun collection lacked a P210 when I walked in, and still lacks a P210.
They have a stunning NIB FNH/Browning BDA 380 (Beretta Italy produced) that was calling my name. $800 was just a little too much. Every time I've ask if they're willing to haggle, I'm told no. This had me walk without asking for a better price.
I've paid full price at that Cabela's for a P5, a P220, and a P232 (all used guns in the Library section).
The BDA 380 was beautifully polished deep blue steel exhibiting absolutely no wear, and had the perfect dark shade of fine grain oak grips. Even had the early "B" medallions in grips, not the buck head medallions that the later production examples got.
I'm not a big fan of 380acp, but 13 rds and a 3.8" barrel ups my interest.

Registered
I don't understand what makes the Swiss P49/210 worth the asking prices. Yes, they're a military handgun of the highest quality but that same quality is available in a new P210 for much less. The Swiss haven't fought a war in over 300 years so their guns don't have the allure of military guns that have seen action. Swiss Lugers are of the highest quality but are not valued or collected like the German Lugers. Being 30 caliber may have a small bearing on that. I'm not trying to insult anyone who thinks they are worth the price but I just don't see it.

Registered
Those P210 prices are too high based on what I can see in the photos. That said, handle and shoot a vintage Swiss P210 and the premium value that they fetch will become obvious in a couple of milliseconds. I sure can鈥檛 follow the logic about the lack of 鈥渁llure鈥 for Swiss firearms because they haven鈥檛 been in a war in centuries.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That surprises me. No interest in the P210?
It's on my radar. Not much of a rush to purchase one.

I take the Pardini GT9 6" to the range when I want to shoot small groups with an exceptional trigger.

Reactions: Redcat94

Premium Member
It's on my radar. Not much of a rush to purchase one.

I take the Pardini GT9 6" to the range when I want to shoot small groups with an exceptional trigger.
I can understand that. My interest is mainly in older guns. I give up some performance for a bit of class. If I was shooting competition though I would be all about the performance.

The current US production P210 that I handled at my LGS had a nicer trigger than my Swiss and they're cheaper. You might want to look into one of those.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can understand that. My interest is mainly in older guns. I give up some performance for a bit of class. If I was shooting competition though I would be all about the performance.

The current US production P210 that I handled at my LGS had a nicer trigger than my Swiss and they're cheaper. You might want to look into one of those.
I've not had the chance to handle a US made P210. Will have to get my hands on one.

Registered
The logic is pretty simple. Firearms that served in a major war are more interesting because they have history.
No, I think that鈥檚 too narrow a perspective. These guns are interesting and can have real history and yet may never have been fired in anger. My P210 was carried by a West German Border guard in the 1950s; that is interesting historically, and it鈥檚 one of 5000, a variant exclusively purchased for that purpose. My Pistolet P1 was carried by a West Berlin police officer in the 1960s, never served in a war, but interesting historically nonetheless. My 鈥40 Mauser Luger is no more interesting than those two even though it was purchased by the Wehrmacht and likely was carried and used in the war.

Premium Member
Firearms that served in a major war are more interesting because they have history.
Sometimes that is my reason but not always.

I've purchased a lot of firearms just because they used an unusual operating priciple that I wanted to examine and experience. Like my Savage 1907 and MAB P15 with rotating barrels, VZ 52 and HK P9S with roller locking, and the gas operated P7.

Sometimes I'm looking for performance like my Colt Gold Cups and Q5 SF.

I don't even like shotguns but I've bought them just to take apart to see how they worked.

The P210 has a reputation for being the most accurate stock service pistol ever made with an unrivaled trigger manufactured in a country famous for precision machinery and exquisite luxury goods. The commercial target versions were even better. That's why the P210 commands the prices it does. They are the firearms equivalent to a fine watch or sports car.

Premium Member
Sometimes that is my reason but not always.

I've purchased a lot of firearms just because they used an unusual operating priciple that I wanted to examine and experience. Like my Savage 1907 and MAB P15 with rotating barrels, VZ 52 and HK P9S with roller locking, and the gas operated P7.

Sometimes I'm looking for performance like my Colt Gold Cups and Q5 SF.

I don't even like shotguns but I've bought them just to take apart to see how they worked.

The P210 has a reputation for being the most accurate stock service pistol ever made with an unrivaled trigger manufactured in a country famous for precision machinery and exquisite luxury goods. The commercial target versions were even better. That's why the P210 commands the prices it does. They are the firearms equivalent to a fine watch or sports car.
Agree on the watch example鈥.but only German race cars for me鈥︹︹︹.
:cool:
鈥.and in addition I stick with my TPH & PP& P88 collection as I am brand loyal!

My Dutch grandpa might not be happy if he could read the above, he never recovered from the Wold cup final loss in 1974
:)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Amen brother! Walther is still my favorite.
This......... exactly.

I (and others) have been having WAY more fun shooting my worked P99 then a P99 should provide. Shoots super soft and flat, less muzzle rise then my full size all steel Baby Eagle 9mm (that weighs over 40oz with a laser that's identical to the P99 laser).

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Over 1k rds (primarily 124gr 1200fps FMJ) have gone through it flawlessly in the past 7 weeks.

Premium Member
The prices for the shown P210 models really seem ridiculously high, especially in the case of the army version of the P210, considering that the original owners had no costs at all or at most had to pay an administrative fee equivalent to about two cinema tickets.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts