Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sig has a “deal” for those that work in the industry. As an instructor at LGS I qualify.

I am able to buy one gun, one optic and one suppressor per calendar year at 50% off MSRP. No fees.

I ordered a Sig P210 Target last month. That was a no brainer at $850. Those suckers are unicorns and amazing firearms. Can’t wait!

I plan to order a second gun right away after Jan 1.

I am considering a 1911 Max in 9m or an X5. I really like the X5 a lot but already owning a Q5, not sure it is needed. Would consider a Tread too.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would think that any gun half off of list is gonna serve anyone well in the long run.

However, with this special purchase, you can’t resell. It’s impossible to control but that’s the policy. It’s meant for people who work at a gun shop so they can be seen using and promoting the products.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am a fan of their P220, P226, P229 series. But 1/2 off isn't as smoking of a deal since you can commonly get excellent used samples for about 1/2 off in certain markets. Still, if you want new that deal is great.

I'd probably get something more unique and hard to get that will appreciate, like their 556 model. Always wanted one.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Of current SIG products, I would also go with the OP’s choice of a P210. I already own, or have owned, the vintage German and Swiss SIGs that I lust for.

For the OP’s next choice, I would consider the 1911 in 9mm; they are a lot of fun, and SIG (America) makes a nice, quality firearm.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Super Moderator
3,907 Posts
Sig has a “deal” for those that work in the industry. As an instructor at LGS I qualify.

I am able to buy one gun, one optic and one suppressor per calendar year at 50% off MSRP. No fees.
If I were you, I'd be prone to the following setup:
MCX Rattler PCB with a SRD762-*QD and a ROMEO5 XDR

The only reason I don't own a Rattler is that I expect a substantially better trigger than the Rattler's OEM trigger on a firearm with a $2300 MSRP. A heavy discount like yours would result in cash to spend on a drop-in trigger for it, since it is AR-patterend, IIRC.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not knowing what you already have (other than the P365SAS and the 210 you ordered) and restricted to current-made Sigs, I’d probably go with the M18. Or, if sig is only selling the full-size M17 for now, I’d go with a P320 Pro Carry LE package with the Romeo1A.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
My choice after the aforementioned P210 would be a P220 Legion in 10mm.

Just picked up a couple of days ago a P365 SAS. Quite intriguing. If it works out for me, and if I adequately master the FT Bullseye sight, it'll probably replace the trusty ol' P99c AS I've been carrying around since 2009.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts