Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...appeared at a local shop; with a deposit, the dealer was able to get it.
I'm pleased thus far, after a quick box of 1100+ FMJ reloads; ran 100% from the get go.
Some observations:
-The gun came with two 10 round mags, one with more of a finger rest. A Lula is a huge help for filling them
-The mags, when full, will lock in against the bottom of the slide, with an 11th round in the chamber. It takes a stiff push to latch in, and the gun ran fine with 11.
-Trigger pull is short, smooth and light. There is a version with a manual safety.
-Night sights are standard; the front one is surrounded by a green ring.
-Recoil is more of a bounce than a snap, tho' one mag of +p Gold Dots had noticeably sharper recoil. The owner's manual is less than clear about use of +p.
-Accuracy was excellent at 21'; chewed the center out of a B-29. I was able to stay inside an 8" square offhand at 50', and the the gun will do better than that.
Early versions had some issues, which is one of the reasons I've waited to get one; availability being the other.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
3,888 Posts
Glad you're happy with it. I'm giving it another 6-7 months, minimum.

Franky, what I really want is a 9mm single/1.5-stack, slim, paddle-mag-release H&K to appear … because I know it'd be 'right' from the start (at the usual H&K premium, of course) … but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I’ve been on the fence with the p365. For as small as it is the high under cut in the trigger guard lets me get a better grip then I can on the p320 sub compact. Especially with the pinky extended mag. For now my pps m2 will have to serve my needs

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
As I have highlighted here before, great guns and my everyday carry.

And rumor has it that Glock will be introducing a doublestack Glock 43 in response to the P365, dubbed the Glock 44. Look for it soon ;)

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
122 Posts
Franky, what I really want is a 9mm single/1.5-stack, slim, paddle-mag-release H&K to appear … because I know it'd be 'right' from the start (at the usual H&K premium, of course) … but I'm not holding my breath.
Won't have to wait too long, it is coming soon along with a possible return of the P7's.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Glad you are happy with the 365. I had one but sold it. Never had any issues with it other than replacing the original dead sights with the new X-ray sights.

The 365 is rated for +P, so no worries there.

I just lost confidence in it with all the rolling changes and the way Sig handled it all and honestly, I don't miss it.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what its role will actually be; Glock 42s and Smith Centennials answer my defensive handgun needs, which haven't been especially pressing. They've gotten me thru' all my gunfights so far...;)
But the 365 feels good in the hand, and is remarkably soft shooting for such a small pistol.
I hope Glock follows suit, but their issue will be magazine thickness. Because of their poly construction,their mags are necessarily thicker. It's not a huge issue in larger guns, but would be a problem in really small double stacks.
Reissuing the P7? That would be interesting, but would have to be spendy in the extreme, and who would buy them but collectors?

Doesn't Walther have a gas-retarded poly pistol these days?
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW, and good deals out there on Sig factory mags? They are uncommon proud of their mags, and charge accordingly.
Moon

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
In the process of buying one now...

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I finally saw and handled a P365 about a month ago and found it's just not my cup of tea. It feels terrible in my hands and just wouldn't work. I politely gave it back to the store rep knowing the HK VP9sk would be my next purchase but I'm holding out for now.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I wasn't planning on bringing a gun home today. Went by the Allen Cabela's to look for food for my Manurhin PP.

Brought it home and cleaned all the shipping yuck off of the gun and mags. Bought two 12rd mags and another 10rd mag.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Vandal, do you have a PPS, too?

If so, would you give us a couple of photos with one on top of the other, and side by side, for size comparison? Thanks, sir! :):):):):)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If I have problems with it I will post about it.

Cleaned all of the shipping yuck off last night. Mags were cleaned also.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
150rds. No problems. 115gr Blazer Brass.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vandal, thnx for the good pics.
Still pleased with mine, ran 100 rounds of my standard reload thru' it, plus some standard velocity Gold Dots. They were more pleasant than the +p. The only hiccup was one of the +ps jumping the extractor.
It is an easy pistol to shoot, and I prefer the trigger to a Glock's.
Moon

Reactions: extremist

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wish I had a boxful of 365s; I could probably sell them all. Put 50 standard Gold Dots thru' mine this evening, plus a box of reloads, and a buddy put some lead boolit reloads; he's off to Gander to get one tomorrow. They're selling them for $499.
Moon

Reactions: extremist
1 - 20 of 23 Posts