Walther Forums banner
1221 - 1232 of 1232 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So does the Ruger LC9s. Cheaper and smaller. Even version with night sights.
I have an LC9s and had a 365...the standard 365 is smaller. I currently have the 365XL, which is only fractionally longer...but it's a much better shooting gun than the Ruger.

The Ruger is what I carry in my pack when I'm MTB and road cycling, and in my tankbag on my dual-sport...the 365 is what I carry AIWB any other time.

·
Registered
485 Posts
GeMor: How do you practice for the "finishing shot?" At what distance/angle do you ideally take such a shot?

PS: Always like your objective analysis.
Of course, you always try to avoid any finishing shot with a careful shot with the hunting rifle. But everyone who, as a passionate hunter, claims that he has never only injured and not killed an animal while hunting with a rifle shot, has never hunted.
Whether I use the rifle or the pistol for a finishing shot depends entirely on the situation. In the open ground I use the rifle, in very thick undergrowth the pistol.
However, if the animal is still alive, but can no longer get up and run and you can get up to a distance of 3m or even very close, I always use the pistol because a well-aimed pistol shot at such a close distance is personally safer for me and destroys less game than a shot with a rifle.
I have a hunting friend who uses his knife for such a situation. But I prefer the pistol, because then I don't have to come into physical contact with the animal, which usually causes the animal even more excitement.
Before the time with Corona, I attended a shooting course in a shooting cinema at least every three years, where finishing shot situations with a handgun were practiced. Unfortunately, such courses are not offered due to Corona, otherwise I would already be registered with one with my new P365.
But of course I've already been to the outdoor shooting range with the P365 to get used to the P365 and to try it out. Despite its small size, the P365 is very easy to handle for me with both practice ammunition and the ammunition which I load during the hunt. This is 9mm Luger Action Extreme. The same ammunition is called 9mm Luger Norma MHP in the USA.
P. S. @ Depenau : Thank you for the praise, I will try to continue posting in such a way.
Although, I know that my views and opinions do not always correspond to those of every American member. But it's good when you talk about it calmly and without getting personal. Something like that always teaches everyone, including me personally, see my acquisition of the striker-fired P365 (@ Jimmo952 😉😊).

·
Registered
386 Posts
Of course, you always try to avoid any finishing shot with a careful shot with the hunting rifle. But everyone who, as a passionate hunter, claims that he has never only injured and not killed an animal while hunting with a rifle shot, has never hunted.
Whether I use the rifle or the pistol for a finishing shot depends entirely on the situation. In the open ground I use the rifle, in very thick undergrowth the pistol.
However, if the animal is still alive, but can no longer get up and run and you can get up to a distance of 3m or even very close, I always use the pistol because a well-aimed pistol shot at such a close distance is personally safer for me and destroys less game than a shot with a rifle.
I have a hunting friend who uses his knife for such a situation. But I prefer the pistol, because then I don't have to come into physical contact with the animal, which usually causes the animal even more excitement.
Before the time with Corona, I attended a shooting course in a shooting cinema at least every three years, where finishing shot situations with a handgun were practiced. Unfortunately, such courses are not offered due to Corona, otherwise I would already be registered with one with my new P365.
But of course I've already been to the outdoor shooting range with the P365 to get used to the P365 and to try it out. Despite its small size, the P365 is very easy to handle for me with both practice ammunition and the ammunition which I load during the hunt. This is 9mm Luger Action Extreme. The same ammunition is called 9mm Luger Norma MHP in the USA.
P. S. @ Depenau : Thank you for the praise, I will try to continue posting in such a way.
Although, I know that my views and opinions do not always correspond to those of every American member. But it's good when you talk about it calmly and without getting personal. Something like that always teaches everyone, including me personally, see my acquisition of the striker-fired P365 (@ Jimmo952 😉😊).
I have an LC9s and had a 365...the standard 365 is smaller. I currently have the 365XL, which is only fractionally longer...but it's a much better shooting gun than the Ruger.

The Ruger is what I carry in my pack when I'm MTB and road cycling, and in my tankbag on my dual-sport...the 365 is what I carry AIWB any other time.
The LC9 I had was an excellent shooter. I just needed some money and decided to sell it (Needed to fix my car). Looking to buy another one.

·
Registered
386 Posts

Define better shooting?

1221 - 1232 of 1232 Posts