Walther Forums banner
1201 - 1220 of 1232 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks Twobits. Today I gave the entire pistol a good wipe down with "Fuild Film" to protect against rust. My guess is bluing is about 85%.

·
Registered
485 Posts
As promised elsewhere, here are the photos of my P5 compact with the pocket holster from
http://www.roninleatherholstersllc.com

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Tints and shades

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

Also two photos of my Sig P365 with the matching pocket holster also from Ronin leather holster.

Shoe Synthetic rubber Automotive exterior Automotive design Auto part

Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel

The pistols fit perfectly into the respective holster and, depending on their purpose, the holsters can also be carried very well in the trouser pocket with the pistol in them. The fit of the holsters is neither too tight nor too loose, you can get the pistol out of the holster without pulling too much and the holster itself stays in your pocket.
So I can definitely recommend Ronin Leather Holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Which is your favorite?
I've only had the P365 since mid-December last year. Now in winter I use the P5C while hunting. You have more clothing on and the P5C is therefore not noticeable in your pocket.
In the warmer times I will carry the P365 in the holster in my trouser pocket, it will not be noticeable there with lighter clothing.
I don't have a direct favorite, both pistols have their advantages and disadvantages.
As a DA / SA hammer-fired pistol, the P5C is completely safe to carry in your pocket, but is larger and heavier than the P365.
As I said, the P365 is smaller and lighter, but as an SA striker-fired pistol, it is always cocked and for me it is only safe enough to be carried in my pocket thanks to the safety device.

·
Super Moderator
2,666 Posts
I've only had the P365 since mid-December last year. Now in winter I use the P5C while hunting. You have more clothing on and the P5C is therefore not noticeable in your pocket.
In the warmer times I will carry the P365 in the holster in my trouser pocket, it will not be noticeable there with lighter clothing.
I don't have a direct favorite, both pistols have their advantages and disadvantages.
As a DA / SA hammer-fired pistol, the P5C is completely safe to carry in your pocket, but is larger and heavier than the P365.
As I said, the P365 is smaller and lighter, but as an SA striker-fired pistol, it is always cocked and for me it is only safe enough to be carried in my pocket thanks to the safety device.
Hello GeMor. Will you have the opportunity to practice with the P365 before carrying it?

·
Super Moderator
2,666 Posts
GeMor: How do you practice for the "finishing shot?" At what distance/angle do you ideally take such a shot?

PS: Always like your objective analysis.
Being able to smoothly and safely draw without shooting anything you don't intend to is worth some practice. This is especially true if the holster/gun combination is new to you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
As promised elsewhere, here are the photos of my P5 compact with the pocket holster from
http://www.roninleatherholstersllc.com

View attachment 102422

View attachment 102423

Also two photos of my Sig P365 with the matching pocket holster also from Ronin leather holster.

View attachment 102424

View attachment 102425
The pistols fit perfectly into the respective holster and, depending on their purpose, the holsters can also be carried very well in the trouser pocket with the pistol in them. The fit of the holsters is neither too tight nor too loose, you can get the pistol out of the holster without pulling too much and the holster itself stays in your pocket.
So I can definitely recommend Ronin Leather Holster.
What safety device does the sign p365 have? I don't see any.

1201 - 1220 of 1232 Posts