Walther Forums banner
1181 - 1200 of 1232 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Why because my spell check changes ppk/s to PPK-S
In fact, I did not rule out the possibility that it was the Spelling Checker that changed the spelling of the PPK/S unfavourably. But mainly because I couldn't imagine why you didn't identify this PPK/S as a contemporary Fort Smith model.

·
Registered
386 Posts
In fact, I did not rule out the possibility that it was the Spelling Checker that changed the spelling of the PPK/S unfavourably. But mainly because I couldn't imagine why you didn't identify this PPK/S as a contemporary Fort Smith model.
Well I haven't seen a Fort Smith made PPK/S and it has no made in USA on slide made me believe it was German made.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well I haven't seen a Fort Smith made PPK/S and it has no made in USA on slide made me believe it was German made.
I learned here in the forum that no PPK / PPK-S were ever made in stainless steel in Germany.
And the pistol pictured seems to be made of stainless steel. This alone means that the pistol shown cannot have been made in Germany.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
This alone means that the pistol shown cannot have been made in Germany.
That's true. There are other features that rule out a German PPK/S immediately, just to name a few: fixed rear sight, little pronounced front facet on slide, "Mod." lettering on slide, American calibre designation, exaggerated beaver tail.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Remember, the upper half of the pistol (the slide) was made in Germany, so the Fort Smith pistols are the first PP series pistols to have German made stainless steel slides. Also, the Fort Smith pistols are the first America made PP series pistols to not have "made in" or "under license" roll marks. Fort Smith pistols have dual citizenship.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Remember, the upper half of the pistol (the slide) was made in Germany, so the Fort Smith pistols are the first PP series pistols to have German made stainless steel slides. Also, the Fort Smith pistols are the first America made PP series pistols to not have "made in" or "under license" roll marks. Fort Smith pistols have dual citizenship.
Up until now I was unaware that Walther never made a PPK/S in stainless in Germany. I was told by someone else on a Walther forum that there was a small quantity of them made in Germany in stainless just prior to 1983. I also was told that any Walther made in USA was stamped as such.

·
Registered
353 Posts
A stainless steel PP series pistol has never been made in Germany. That said, the Fort Smith pistols have stainless steel slides that are made in Germany. So while the Fort Smith pistols are assembled in the USA, they are not (because of their slides) "made in the USA" in the same way in which "made in the USA" applies to Ranger/Interarms (IA) and Smith & Wesson (SW) PPK & PPK/S pistols. So, Ranger/IA and SW pistols were made in the USA under license of Walther and therefore have roll marks indicating such.

·
Registered
386 Posts
A stainless steel PP series pistol has never been made in Germany. That said, the Fort Smith pistols have stainless steel slides that are made in Germany. So while the Fort Smith pistols are assembled in the USA, they are not (because of their slides) "made in the USA" in the same way in which "made in the USA" applies to Ranger/Interarms (IA) and Smith & Wesson (SW) PPK & PPK/S pistols. So, Ranger/IA and SW pistols were made in the USA under license of Walther and therefore have roll marks indicating such.
Whatever. I get so tired of people correcting others on here. I explained what I was told prior to this discussion and ok that person didn't know anything. So end of discussion.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just stating some of the very little I know about the PP series. I learn something new every time I log on. Any discussion of the PP series will be nuanced.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Already started posts on this in the P5 sub-forum because of the unusual dual dates. But here are some regular shots. Really clean former BMI P5. I sold my commercial one and bought this to replace it, to have a genuine polizeipistole. And the holster is one of three left hand ones I have.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Already started posts on this in the P5 sub-forum because of the unusual dual dates. But here are some regular shots. Really clean former BMI P5. I sold my commercial one and bought this to replace it, to have a genuine polizeipistole. And the holster is one of three left hand ones I have.

That adjustable trigger stop will make it an excellent shooter.
Both of my shooter P5s (9Para and 7.65Para) have Var8 frames. The overtravel screws on both are adjusted (backed off) just until the sears release, then backed off an additional few degrees. Makes for the shortest possible trigger resetting P5 too.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Ammunition

I even swap the P5 Lang barrel and slide onto a tuned Var8 frame for shooting.
The P5/P6/P7 9Para trifecta......

Brown Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel

1181 - 1200 of 1232 Posts