Walther Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 1020 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
HI, I HAVE A PPKS .380 AND IAM TRYING TO FIND INFORMATION ON THE HISTORY OF IT , THE SERIAL NUMBER IS 170912S AND HAS A 73 ON THE BARREL , IT ALSO HAS NAZI SYMBOLS .
THANK YOU
You have a very nice post WWII commercial Walther PP on which someone has engraved a fake III Reich eagle ruining the pistol. And they even engraved the swastika backwards. Dorks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I converted my P99AS .40 S&W to 9mm. I found a P99AS 9mm parts kit on GB. It’s in good condition; the barrel looked good; some minimal scratches on the slide and holster wear marks on the slide’s front. A major problem though: the rear sight plunger assembly has rusted solid so it does not move. I placed some drops of Fireclean and will let it sit overnight to see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
PPKS SERIAL NUMBER

HI, I HAVE A PPKS .380 AND IAM TRYING TO FIND INFORMATION ON THE HISTORY OF IT , THE SERIAL NUMBER IS 170912S AND HAS A 73 ON THE BARREL , IT ALSO HAS NAZI SYMBOLS .
THANK YOU
Well... couple of very obvious things: it says Ulm/Donau on it, and Made in West Germany. Before 1945 Walther was located in Zella Mehlis, and there was no "West Germany", meaning it's a post war gun. Also, the PPK/S didn't exist until 1968, when the US Gun Control Act made importation of the PPK illegal, mostly. Meaning it's a 1968 and later gun. It also says "73" on it, meaning it was made in 1973. A couple decades after WW2 had ended.
And further, the swastika is turning the wrong way around. Somebody "improved" it and will probably swear on a stack of Blue Books it's worth $2,500. Actual value more along the lines of $400, if it's otherwise in tip top shape and the current owner isn't embarassed to be seen with it in public.

·
Premium Member
13,495 Posts
Ok, see if you can find the Walther in this photo. No, its not the one the guy on my t-shirt is holding, guarding his stash of TP.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Just bought another P38, this one stamped “Manurhin Pistolet P1”, one of the 14,600-unit contract with the West Berlin police in October 1963. It retains its Berlin rosette, unaltered. Walther made the parts and shipped them in the white to Manurhin to assemble, stamp, and ship to West Berlin. Retired by the police in 1982, imported by Interarms. It’s a standard early post-war P38, unreinforced alloy frame, I’m not sure until I get it but I figure it doesn’t have the thick slide either. It does have the decocker with safety. Includes the Interarms box and two mags. There were something like 250K Manurhin-assembled P38s but only one group went to The West Berlin police. I have a number of P.38-style pistols but this one was a Deutsche Polizeipistole, which I collect, so I had to have it.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yesterday, I shot drills all day with some buddies; I fired my Beretta 92G LTT Elite and PPQ-M1 5” which was stippled by Boresight Solutions. I shot this target during the final drill with the PPQ; dropped three rounds, I think at ten or five yards. The two pelvic girdle and one head shot landed where they needed to. All shooting done from concealment drawing from a PHLster Floodlight AIWB holster. All rounds fired were a mix of my 115 grain and 124 grain reloads.

·
Registered
57 Posts
PPS M2 with all three capacity mags, TFX Pro sights, and grip tape (can't remember what that product is called....)

·
Registered
57 Posts
CCP M2; I have to say that (in my own personal experience) I strongly prefer the PPS M2 over the CCP M2. Both triggers are excellent, but the PPS is better (IMO). And while the CCP is for sure a lot "prettier" than the PPS, I find that my range results are far better with the PPS than with the CCP.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Just bought another P38, this one stamped “Manurhin Pistolet P1”, one of the 14,600-unit contract with the West Berlin police in October 1963. It retains its Berlin rosette, unaltered. Walther made the parts and shipped them in the white to Manurhin to assemble, stamp, and ship to West Berlin. Retired by the police in 1982, imported by Interarms. It’s a standard early post-war P38, unreinforced alloy frame, I’m not sure until I get it but I figure it doesn’t have the thick slide either. It does have the decocker with safety. Includes the Interarms box and two mags. There were something like 250K Manurhin-assembled P38s but only one group went to The West Berlin police. I have a number of P.38-style pistols but this one was a Deutsche Polizeipistole, which I collect, so I had to have it.

Pistol did not come with a holster. I was able to source an original that would have been issued with the pistol, Wunderlich 1963 with the “P.P.Bln” brand, in excellent condition, from Collectors Firearms.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Pistol did not come with a holster. I was able to source an original that would have been issued with the pistol, Wunderlich 1963 with the “P.P.Bln” brand, in excellent condition, from Collectors Firearms.
"P.P.Bln" stands for "Polizei-Präsidium Berlin" (Berlin police headquarters).

1001 - 1020 of 1020 Posts