Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what the name of this part is but when cleaning my PPK/s it fell out. It went back in but it didn't seem to have a lot of tension.
Does the grip keep it from walking during use?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
No, it is a rivet that holds the sear in the frame. Replacing it properly is likely a gunsmith job. This is a part that you do not take apart when cleaning a PP. 1917

·
Registered
629 Posts
If it is an Interarms model then just pop it back into place. I have had a few where the tolerances were not as tight and the rivets could easily be removed. The same cannot be said for Manurhin or German made models. Those things do not come out easily and take a little finesse.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have stated it's a Smith and Wesson. It went back in but I've never had it come out when cleaning it in the past.

If I need to send it in for warranty work does it go back to S&W or Walther?

·
Registered
661 Posts
as long as the grip is on, that should hold in place, so no worries

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
I stand corrected.....thanks to Pilkguns. I guess we do need to be aware the rivet isn't tight in some pistols and make sure it is properly installed prior to installing the grip panels. None of mine are lose but I don't have a Smith either. 1917

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to press it in with my thumb and it seems pretty secure. If I used a screwdriver it would pop out but just with my fingernail it doesn't walk.

It's just odd since I've never seen it happen before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts