Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm on the fence and need a nudge one way or the other.

A near new PPQ 9x19mm with 4 mags and all the new accessories/box, etc.

$425. Face to face.

Requires me to make a 1 hour total drive (30 minutes each way).

I like Walther and consider them a top brand and like the PPS, P99, and PPQ and have several examples of each, and piles of mags. So this goes right into the stable nicely.

But it's a "want" and not a "need."

Seller is not negotiating at all on price or distance.

What says the crowd?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Yes. Yes, you should.

You're on the forum already, do you own one? Two is one and one is none.

I am weary of used, just my nature, but 4 mags and $100 less than a new model seems reasonable.

Good deal, not great, but the pistol? Great

Reactions: leadcounsel

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes. If it is “near” new.....meaning no signs of wear, and 100% perfect function. And, a couple extra mags as a bonus. Seems like a decent deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it a M1 or M2 and how many rounds have been fired through it? I personally like the M2 mag release button but some people hate it and really love the M1.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Add me to that weirdo list, arty

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Get photos of common wear points before taking the drive, since you already own one and know what to look for.

"Near new" is not a round count, and a round count is not always honest, unfortunately

That said, M1s are a true gem, not to discourage you at all, but I have seen them pop up around $475 new in the past few months-- granted +shipping, theft & transfer

·
Registered
488 Posts
M1.......that's even sweeter. Are you on the road yet?
Start the car......4 mags and it’s an M1...... go now!

And count me in the weirdo category......

Still waiting on the PPQ45 with paddles..........Hello...?!?!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ya'll are a bunch of enablers! Ha!

I should have expected as much on a Walther fan forum!
On a purely rational basis, at that price its a great deal. If you want to wait weeks/months and follow listings from lots of dealers you might get a new one for slightly more BUT, it will likely be an M2 and it will come with 2 mags. Given that the mags are worth $65-70, you probably won't get a better deal no matter how long you wait. Plus, if you find a d=good deal thats not local, you'll also have to pay a transfer fee and shipping.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
GB had the M1 at $450 few weeks ago..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Oh it's a good deal, no doubt. Not a fabulous deal, but a nice deal.
And yes, spoiler, I went and bought it and had a nice dinner on the way home while I was out.

Gun appears essentially new with box, backstraps, everything. If it's been fired, there's no signs of it other than the typical brass streak left in the slide.

Came with 4 factory 15 round mags. Minor complaint, I was hoping it had shipped with 16 rounders. Value of the mags is around $40 for the 2 extra, making the gun sub $400.

This makes it about-average of used private transaction prices for me for either P99s or PPQs. They are about $100 more in gun stores factoring all the fees and profit margins involved.

Logging it into my personal record book, I noticed the 4 digit serial number is only 70 digits off from my other PPQ. Probably made in the same week! Maybe the same day? Maybe by the same person!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
You made a night of it-- classy move.

Bird in the hand, right decision LC would have definitely done the same.

They've shipped with 16 rounders?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You made a night of it-- classy move.

Bird in the hand, right decision LC would have definitely done the same.

They've shipped with 16 rounders?
No, I don't think they shipped with 16 rounders. But you can get aftermarket MecGar (same company that makes the factory mags to my knowledge) 16 round mags.

I don't know why they don't ship with 16 round mags. Same company. Really odd. Maybe it's to maintain the ability to sell in some states that might disallow 16+ round mags, like possibly Colorado...?! I don't know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No, I don't think they shipped with 16 rounders. But you can get aftermarket MecGar (same company that makes the factory mags to my knowledge) 16 round mags.

I don't know why they don't ship with 16 round mags. Same company. Really odd. Maybe it's to maintain the ability to sell in some states that might disallow 16+ round mags, like possibly Colorado...?! I don't know.
Yes MecGar makes the factory mags.

I would guess that 15 rounders were more reliable. The CZ P07 Duty had 16 round magazines that were reduced to 15 for "reliability" in the 2nd generation I never heard of an issue with the 16 rounders, but CZ stated that they found the 15 round mags more reliable. I could still stick 16 rounds in my 15 round magazine.

If I had to guess again, the "Walther" 15 round magazines have a taller follower than the MecGar mags. The londer one helps with reliability and the shorter follower in the "aftermarket" mag would allow you to shove another pew in there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts