Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a XD9SC for about 8 years as my EDC (nothing wrong with it).

Recently saw the Creed priced at 249$ at CDNN and thought it might be a interesting option one size up from SC to compact. I just can't seem to find too many holsters for it that I like. I presently use a Blackhawk Serpa that I really like (let's not discuss whether or not you think this holster will inevitably get me and 475 innocent bystanders killed, it works well for what I need).

I guess if there is nothing like that I would just buy it for the price alone and use it as a range gun (249 is close to Hi-Point territory after all and it does come with 2 mags).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I have the Creed’s predecessor, the PPX. It’s a very good shooter that is as accurate as my PPQ and P99s. It’s just bulkier. I’m sure it’s a good gun to have. Another option I recommend is the M&P M2.0 compact 40 which is going for $300 shipped right now. It’s a nice shooter too, better for carry, and a great buy. Mine greatly out performs my Glock 23.

It’s a buyers market right now. I’d go for something if you can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect the market is going to change going into next year (not hard to guess why). Guess I will snatch one up, the price can't fall much more than what it is right now. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Creed’s predecessor, the PPX. It’s a very good shooter that is as accurate as my PPQ and P99s. It’s just bulkier. I’m sure it’s a good gun to have. Another option I recommend is the M&P M2.0 compact 40 which is going for $300 shipped right now. It’s a nice shooter too, better for carry, and a great buy. Mine greatly out performs my Glock 23.

It’s a buyers market right now. I’d go for something if you can.
Where did you see the M&P for 300?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI, I did order me one from CDNN. At 249 $ you can not go wrong.

Any idea on holsters? OWB something like the Serpa?

·
Registered
204 Posts
One of my employees brought a Creed last year. We went to the ranger together and I shot his Creed and let him shoot my PPQ and PPS. He was shocked at how the trigger felt on the PPQ. I was shocked at the trigger on his Creed. As a hammer fired gun the pull is not bad at all due to being pre cocked. It isn’t a bad shooter and is accurate. At 25 feet I shot a 3 inch group my first time holding the pistol. The group was 2 inches off the bullseye but I’m sure I could have gotten the group in target with some time.

The kid is in his mid 20’s married and has a child. The Creed fit his budget has been trouble free and he likes it. Walther filled a need for a quality budget firearm. In my opinion he did much better with the Creed then if he went and brought a Taurus or Sccy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Creed is big and bulky.

I don't think it would be a great carry pistol. However, the double action trigger is awesome!! Right out of the box, my Creed put all of it's rounds into one ragged hole. I took some "first time shooters" to the range and they had great results with this pistol.

I think the pistol would be a great "home protection" pistol or great pistol for a first time owner. Lots of value for 300 bucks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I suspect the market is going to change going into next year (not hard to guess why). Guess I will snatch one up, the price can't fall much more than what it is right now. :)
I can’t guess unless you are meaning national politics?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts