Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a chance to buy the only Walther PPK/S in existence with a 007BAD serial number. Totally new and unfired. How much does a normal PPK/S go for and is this a justifiable safe queen? Wondering how much I should offer for this one. Thanks for the help and insight.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
I assume from the serial number that this is an S&W manufactured PPK/S. As such, the BAD letter sequence places this weapon inside the manufacture recall dates.

Unless you're just interested in the "007" portion of the serial number for your own amusement, I wouldn't get it. Too many unreliable weapons from the recall period to justify the purchase. If, however, you intend to get it solely for the serial number and then lock it away, then by all means. As to its potential collector value, I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I do believe there was an Interarms PPK for sale on GB with a 007 in ther serial number. It was fore sale with a much higher price than others that were for sale. If I recall right, it never sold and eventually was pulled.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
If you run a search here, you will be inundiated with information about the recall. For example:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/10989-ppk-ppk-s-recall-facts.html

S&W altered the design (hammer block; extended tang), the results didn't work out as well as intended or expected, and the bottom line is that some of these pistols have performed fine and others have not.

You would doubtless be asked to pay a premium for the pistol in question. It's value would exceed $400 to $500 only because of the serial number, and not everyone in the firearms community is a James Bond fan or even cares that a fictional British spy was issued a PPK 50-plus years ago. The return on your investment would be suspect, in my book ... but have at it if it trips your trigger. I also suspect that some other folks would love to have a PPK with the 007 serial number.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My interarms blued PPK has a serial # of K007xxx

I did not realize this when I bought it but when I did see it I kind of laughed and shook my head. While it is kind of cool, I would never have paid more for that one than one with a different serial # even though I am a fan of the 007 movies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I called the shop and they didn't even know what I was talking about. Their internet presence and brick and mortar location don't seem to speak with each other too much. Looking at all the issues the S&W manufacturing has given this model I think I'll pass. If I'm in the neighborhood and the price is the same as a regular ppk/s then I may reconsider. Right now I'll focus on talking myself into a P22Q for my 105lbs girlfriend that doesn't like the .40 PPQ.

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
My Alexandria Interarms PPK/S has a serial number of W008112. It's in .32 auto. I have been informed it's a Ranger made in USA.

Point is there are current types (including SW types) that work and other types earlier that work (or don't function properly).

I think it's the luck of the draw. You can buy SW or Interarms or Manurhin or Walther from the past and present and have a perfectly functioning PP or PPK or PPK/S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.