Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P5 shots way to high. This is my 2nd P5 and I have a buddy with two P5 compacts and all three of those guns were right on. This one is not. How do I correct it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assuming your grip and follow through are correct try changing where on the target you place the front sight.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well if it is not your grip or the ammo (bullet weight effects impact on some guns) you could call Earl's. I believe he has different front sights that you can change on your P5.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
It is the rear sight that is changeable on the P5.....mine is marked with a #4..... the front sight on the P5 is fixed......
also one can change the rear "post" sight with the "2dot" sight that is found on the P5c.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My rear sight is a #4 as well. What would I need if the gun is hitting high, a #3 or #5?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
To tell you the truth...
I have no idea how the rears on the P5 are #'ed....
call Earl's.... I would think he might have some used one... never hurts to talk to a expert.....

Oliver

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been trying to reach Earls for 2 days. They must be at the Shot Show here in Orlando this week.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. Spoke with earl today (Monday 1/15). He told me that P5's were sighted in at 83 feet with 124 gr ammo. 83 feet? That seems a bit odd. I have to go back to the range and see what I?m doing. I know for a fact I?m not shooting that far. I use Winchester white box ball ammo 115gr for target shooting that I get at Wal-mart. He has 5 deferent sizes of rear sights and they are all $65 each. I will follow up with this here so we can all learn from it.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
83 feet is close to 25 meters. Maybe that has something to do with it. Germany uses the SI system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts