Well, the preliminary report from the Shot Show is:

- New QA "Dessert Tan" frame color
- AS (DA/SA) Trigger is going to be phased out, get them while you can

- That is all ...

James

·
Registered
144 Posts
That was what I heard last Oct when the new P99c arrived my local range. The Walther sales rep said in 2005 the emphasis will be on QA versions, but he didn't mention the DA/SA will phase out, nor gave any further details.

Extremist, the P99 design work was started back in 94, given the traditional slowness of Walther, have you heard about if there's any new model in the work?

·
Registered
130 Posts

While I like the Desert Tan frame idea, I really question Walther's logic on the elimination of the SA/DA [aka: AS] trigger system from the U.S. market. Most P99 owners have the AS system and heartily endorse it.

I must say this is a stupid marketing decision and will not help their small market share. Walther seems to be receding from the U.S. market and their alliance with S&W is a detriment to the Walther name.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Walther has never really cared about the U.S. market. There core business has always been Europe.

Personally I don't see this as a bad business decision on Walther's part. They have been selling more QA and DAO P99's than the AS. Most have been contracts to police departments and government agencies. If you think about it, Glock has pretty much dominated the market, and what kind of trigger do they have? One similar to the QA. Or should I say the QA is similar to a Glock?

Thanks for the report extremist! I might have to add a tan P99 to my collection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HEY BUD, ANY NEWS ON WHAT IWB HOLSTERS WILL WORK WITH A P99C...I HAVE KEVIN SMITH FROM SIDEARMOR CHECKING SIDEARMOR'S FIT BUT NO WORD ON ANY OTHER BRANDS.THANKS

·
Registered
165 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LUDACHRIS1977 @ Jan. 30 2005,1:34)]HEY BUD, ANY NEWS ON WHAT IWB HOLSTERS WILL WORK WITH A P99C...I HAVE KEVIN SMITH FROM SIDEARMOR CHECKING SIDEARMOR'S FIT BUT NO WORD ON ANY OTHER BRANDS.THANKS
Yes, I'm still unpatiently waiting for a dedicated P99C holster.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a paddle holster from Uncle Mike's that I used for my P99 but have since converted to fit my P99c. I simply cut the extra length off of the end then sanded and polished it so that you can't even tell that it has been altered. It locks in very well on the trigger guard and is very comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts