Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that Walther will be bringing back the AS.
On another board, a member stated that he was told this at the Walther booth.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Maybe the complaining helped

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
It's still on the retail price list they distributed at the SHOT Show and was in their 2006 catalog.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
yea but it is not on Waltheramerica.com anymore
all there is is QA

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went to SHOT and came back today.

The rumored return of the AS is no rumor according to Jim Unger of S&W who was working the Walther booth. There were several AS-triggered guns on hand, including at least one Compact. Walther will bring back the Anti Stress-triggered P99's 9mm and .40 in both full and compact sizes.

A great change to the P99's is the addition of a long magazine lever. It cannot be readily fitted to "older" P99's according to Unger since one would have to grind away material from the trigger guard to fit it. I guess someone with "plastic skills" can retrofit the part once they are available.

By the way, Mec Gar had a pre-production 20-round magazine for the 9mm P99. If this has been reported before, sorry for posting about it again...it's the first time I've seen and/or heard about it. The magazine had an interesting polymer "plug" or nub that protruded from the metal magazine overtravel stop (look at Mec Gar's website and look at their Beretta 20-round magazines to see the metal overtravel stop...or whatever it is they call it.) I think the polymer nub is removeable for whenever they start wearing out.

Those P99 mags will be available in the U.S., but not for a few months. I'm definitely going to be buying me a few of them!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (srfl @ Feb. 13 2006,15:35)]Walther will bring back the Anti Stress-triggered P99's 9mm and .40 in both full and compact sizes.  

A great change to the P99's is the addition of a long magazine lever. It cannot be readily fitted to "older" P99's according to Unger since one would have to grind away material from the trigger guard to fit it.  
Ok here goes my first though...... I die to have a .40cal P99c/AS though i don't see that happening.. since I not once seen the Compacts in .40cal/AS... but one can dream right....

The other thing is... I guess whomever it was on the other post, was right about the trigger guard being different,,,, if the mag release changes that changes the triggerguard ... damn more to look after when you order stuff now !!!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ohhh and not to forget

Thank you so much for first hand updates from Shotshow srfl

I was soooo hoping extremist would go again this year as I much enjoyed his write up and pics on his website from previous Shotshow... but I read on HKPRO he did not go this year..... so any news from Shotshow is good news I guess

·
Registered
22 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Feb. 13 2006,00:14)]yea but it is not on Waltheramerica.com anymore
all there is is QA
The Walther Forum isn't updated either. They don't show the compacts on there at all and they never had the "AS" trigger on there at all. If they do bring back the AS, I won't have to scramble to get the AS compact now.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
We should all write to Walther USA and complain about the removal of the A/S trigger - maybe more complaints could hasten its return.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys don't know how happy this news makes me! I was quite bummed to learn that they discontinued the P99 AS fullsize. But now that they're bringing it back I'm overjoyed!

I rented every polymer 9mm I could get my hands on and none were as sweet as the P99. Add to that the looks of the 2004+ models and I fell in love.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any word on a Desert Sand 9mm? If they make one with the A/S trigger I will buy it. I still need a P99C A/S too, though.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Dessert Sand in 9mm or .40 as long as it is "AS"....I'd be saving for another P99

·
Registered
35 Posts
Folks...at least to the two reps (Jim Unger with S&W and someone else with Walther) that were there, our favorite AS triggered P99's coming back to the U.S. is not rumor, but fact.....one that I hope happens though as Walther corporate could always say "forget it" (or however one says that in German
) down the road.

There was one Desert Sand full size P99 at SHOT, but I could not recall the trigger.

That elongated mag release is REALLY NICE!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (srfl @ Feb. 13 2006,11:35)]I went to SHOT and came back today.

By the way, Mec Gar had a pre-production 20-round magazine for the 9mm P99. If this has been reported before, sorry for posting about it again...it's the first time I've seen and/or heard about it. The magazine had an interesting polymer "plug" or nub that protruded from the metal magazine overtravel stop (look at Mec Gar's website and look at their Beretta 20-round magazines to see the metal overtravel stop...or whatever it is they call it.) I think the polymer nub is removeable for whenever they start wearing out.

Those P99 mags will be available in the U.S., but not for a few months. I'm definitely going to be buying me a few of them!
If anyone is interested... I was curious about the availability of 20 round mags for p99 9mm.

I emailed Mec Gar, and here is the reply...

Thank you for your interest in Mec-Gar magazines. Mec-Gar is the OEM factory supplier of magazines to the Walther factory. We do supply a 20rd magazine exclusively to the Walther factory that they are supplying with some of their LE contracts, however have not introduced it into the consumer aftermarket. We did display this magazine at the 2006 Shot Show in a representation with other OEM magazine we manufacture.

Sincerely,
Mec-Gar USA, Inc.

So then I emailed WaltherAmerica (S&W), asking if they had plans to make the 20rd P99 mags available in the US. Here is the reply...

Hi,
There are no plans at this time

kf

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (merlocka @ Mar. 13 2006,12:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (srfl @ Feb. 13 2006,11:35)]I went to SHOT and came back today.

By the way, Mec Gar had a pre-production 20-round magazine for the 9mm P99.  If this has been reported before, sorry for posting about it again...it's the first time I've seen and/or heard about it.  The magazine had an interesting polymer "plug" or nub that protruded from the metal magazine overtravel stop (look at Mec Gar's website and look at their Beretta 20-round magazines to see the metal overtravel stop...or whatever it is they call it.)  I think the polymer nub is removeable for whenever they start wearing out.  

Those P99 mags will be available in the U.S., but not for a few months.  I'm definitely going to be buying me a few of them!
If anyone is interested... I was curious about the availability of 20 round mags for p99 9mm.

I emailed Mec Gar, and here is the reply...

Thank you for your interest in Mec-Gar magazines.  Mec-Gar is the OEM factory supplier of magazines to the Walther factory.  We do supply a 20rd magazine exclusively to the Walther factory that they are supplying with some of their LE contracts, however have not introduced it into the consumer aftermarket.  We did display this magazine at the 2006 Shot Show in a representation with other OEM magazine we manufacture.

Sincerely,
Mec-Gar USA, Inc.  

So then I emailed WaltherAmerica (S&W), asking if they had plans to make the 20rd P99 mags available in the US. Here is the reply...

Hi,
There are no plans at this time

kf
UGGGGGG

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Well maybe we need to all call about it

I am not really interested.. but I would call

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I still need a P99C A/S too, though.
The compact is really sweet...you do need to get one. I REALLY like mine...I have compared it with others, Sig 239 and I think the Walther is better by far...the only other one that is close is the H&K2000

1 - 20 of 23 Posts