Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are from Dr. Lunde's post on another site:

"I also got to fondle the new Walther P99 Compact. The light at the Walther booth was crummy, so these photos suck big time. The P99 Compact has a short Picatinny-style rail that will work with the ITI XML light, which was designed to fit the Springfield Armory XD Compact. The full-size P99 also has a new rail, along with new slide serrations, like those on the P99 Compact. The proofmarks and datecode for the frame are now under the accessory rail, where it's completely flat, not on the right side, as before. The Picatinny-style rail for the full-size (standard) P99 fits the ITI M5, not the M3. I think that was a mistake on their part. Anyway, here are the two P99 Compact photos I was able to take:

A couple more notes about the Walther P99. The new-style full-size will be out in a couple of months, and the Compact will be out later this year. There are three styles of trigger for both sizes: AS (Anti Stress, which is the new name for the standard SA/DA trigger), QA (Quick Action), and DAO (Double Action Only). There are two choices for slide stop. One is the standard version, like now. This is standard on the AS, I think. The DAO comes standard with an ambidextrous version, which is longer, and on both sides.

Walther also debuted a new style of steel three-dot sights. They have no sharp corners, so they won't snag. The new P99s can use the same sights as earlier versions, so current night sights from Meprolight or Trijicon will work with the new models.

On a side note, I have never tried a P99 QA, but had a chance to dry-fire one at the SHOT Show. I didn't like the trigger. Its reset is no way near as short of that of the SA/DA (aka, AS) version."

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's another interesting gun, not a walther though...

from Dr. Lunde:
"For those who didn't catch it, there was a 50BMG single-shot pistol shown at the SHOT Show, in the North Hall. The company is Triple Action LCC at booth #9255. I was able to get some photos. They have a video running that shows it being shot. It uses a nitrogen recoil dampening system, sort of like a hydraulic mechanism. Here are the photos:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, but you got to go to the show

i noticed that you were posting on another forum, so just wanted to spread the pics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can spread the love my way with some of those pistols of yours that are getting lonely ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
That 'rounded' rear sight is what is used on the SW99. The finish also looks like Melonite instead of Tenifer. The rail also appears to be the new M6, just like the SW99 .45.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I been itchin for this for a good 8 months now... All I have to say is: SAW-EEEEET!

Now, when can I get my hands on one, and how much is it gonna cost?

·
Registered
7 Posts
to me, the new P99 sounds like it is the P99DA that was submitted to the German police trials. the slide stop on the P99 compact sure looks the same as on the P99DA, as does the rail and the trigger guard. aesthetically, i think i like the original P99 better, if that is the case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts