Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since I returned the bad used PPS back to the dealer (still awaiting word on it), I decided what the heck, I'll shoot mine. Don't think it's much of a "collector" in the scheme of things, and I'll probably not ever want to sell it anyway. :) Such a beautiful day today.

Took my Springfield EMP too ;)

46 flawless CCI Blazer Brass through it. 6/7/8 round mags all exercised. Had to REALLY concentrate on the trigger to get good groups. Perceived recoil was less than my Kahr PM9 but I still shoot the EMP better (of course the trigger is much better)

But I could see myself carrying the PPS as a backup or primary in hot weather.

Backstrap was rock solid. But still would like to have a spare :(

Did notice lots of brass dings on the top hood edge of the slide. What does brass do, get ejected forward and bounce there?

James

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I only put a total of 20 rounds through mine so far.... you are correct on having to pay attention to the trigger... my groups where bigger than with my P99's
however my boss (1911 shooter) took it for s spin with the 7 round mag and put one big hole in the paper at 15 feet, which showed me that the PPS is just as accurate in the right hands when comparing to the P99's.
I will wait for a all black PPS to show up (sinze my FE that I put on psecial order never did show up at my dealer) and keep the FE nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
my boss (1911 shooter) took it for s spin with the 7 round mag and put one big hole in the paper at 15 feet, which showed me that the PPS is just as accurate in the right hands when comparing to the P99's.
This is what I've found too... I've got about 400 rounds through my FE and I was getting quarter/half dollar size groups at 7yds with no problem. I really like the low recoil and great accuracy. I don't like the sharp middle section of the trigger, I guess that's part of the safety, because it digs into the pad on my trigger finger. I'll have to see what I can do about smoothing that out that burr in my saddle... :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got to hold one today as well...I was comparing it to a p99c and I really liked the grip on the p99c better. The gunshop rookie said he couldn't let me put the other backstraps in the pps though...so I didn't really like whatever grip was installed in it. It just felt like the grip was too small.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts