Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a used ppq 45 the other day at my LGS. Took it to the range on Thursday to put a couple rounds through it just to see how it felt. I thought it had a serious muzzle flip, but figured it was me.

Today, Saturday I brought it back to the range again and put 80 rounds through it. It's a sweet shooter. The previous muzzle flip was me. I can crank out double taps into virtually the same hole at 9 yards! (one double tap was unintentional due to the very light trigger and reset).

I did notice that the sight picture wants to have a lollypop picture instead of a combat hold like my Glocks have. Do you find that too?

My range has a steel target, about 4"x4"at 25 yards and I was consistently banging it.

Yup, it's a keeper. Very nice gun.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I’ve never heard of this or seen it for any gun.
Why #3?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Why #3. One reason is in low ambient ( dusk Dawn etc not dark where flashlight is needed) or dark background or field use dark background and dark target or many other combinations you can see the dots but not the top edges.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW--with the stock Walther sights I used the 6 O'clock Center Mass #2 sight picture and it was dead center every time. I changed sights out to TruGlo TFX Pro and sight picture became a Combat Sight Picture #3. Spoke with the staff at TruGlo and they told me that that is how they engineered those sights.

Reactions: PPS1980
1 - 8 of 8 Posts