Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I broke down and took my P5 to the range to compare it to my P99. The feel was great the recoil negligible. I am somewhat conditoned to the three dots of the 99 so the sights on my P5 took a little getting used to. But it shot dead on accurate. And for never having been fired the trigger on the P5 was as smooth or smoother than on my P99 which has had some 3k rds through it and 5 coils cut from the striker spring.

With the Nill grips it is very nice. Can't wait to get some extra mags and a nice leather holster. This will no doubt be my "Sunday" gun.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I told you.....
that trigger is like a dream come true for "just a service gun"
I couldn't belive it......

there is another P5 mag listed now on gunbroker..... same guy than last time....... $64 buy now - $6 shipping
and one other one is listed.... not sure though on that one since the discription says it is SS.... but the mag# is the same then on the others I have bought....

I have 5 mags for each of my guns...... but for my P99's in 9mm I have 7......

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have shot a great number of guns and I consider the Walther P-5 one of the handguns that shots better straight out from the box. The P-5 along with the SigSauer 239 are probably two of the finest guns ever made!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The P-5 along with the SigSauer 239 are probably two of the finest guns ever made!
Yeah I agree. I was leaning towards the Sig 239 and shot a friends and really like it...but almost anybody can get a Sig but not everybody has a Walther P5...besides when Uncut let me know about a NIB that I was able to get for 550 I figured that had the used P5 for 575 beat by a long shot, as well as, the used Sig's I've seen for 495....cheapest NIB Sig I've seen was 600.

I am well pleased with the price and the pistol.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I really want a P225 to have another P pistol... it was the P6 in Germany.... and I am still hoping to get a P7 also....
god damnit I need some cash soon before the P7 skyrocket and the P225 are not to be found NIB anymore

1 - 5 of 5 Posts