Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my trijicons on my P99, and gotta say it looks great at night. Only problem I got is that damn trijicon only comes with on size front sight blade.

I wonder if you guys have the same problem as I do, not shooting your 100%. Most of my shots go way down now. Why would they only offer one size front blade?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stzd8 @ Mar. 26 2005,9:03)]Why would they only offer one size front blade?
Most guns only have one set of sights.  To offer several different heights of night sights would be an added expense for Trijicon or any manufacturer.  I agree that the sights are too high when compared to the pair used as the standard set from the factory.

Since the front sight is taller than the one you are used to, when you put it on the center of mass, you are in effect slightly lowering the barrel, so when the bullet strikes, it will be striking slightly below your point of aim.  If you aim a little high on the target you should be able to get all of your shots right.  It may take a little practice to get the hang of it.

-I tend to look at it like a clock where I used to aim at the axis of on which the hands would rotate, but if I aim where the twelve would be, I can get my shots on target.

·
Registered
471 Posts
BreakerDave is right about the cost involved.

It may not be considered the right way to go about it, but I have been known to file, or sand down either the front or the rear sight to achieve the desired point of aim on a hand gun.
My point is, it can be done…

It’s a fairly common practice on muzzleloaders.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hal8000,

Well, how can you file down the front blade if the dot is still in the middle of the blade? You still will see the dot on the same position even with filing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Questions, if I may. Are you experiencing the low shot impact while shooting in low/no light shoots or while in full light situations? Are you using the front sight dot or the top of the blade?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blueiron,

I am shooting with the 3 dots aligned. I shoot on light conditions and outdoor range.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That’s a good question!
Personally, I shoot with the top of the front sight level with the rear sight, only using the dot’s for quick sight requisitioning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts