Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to the range and seems my P99 is shooting really low at 10 yards and still bit low at 20. Can anyone suggest which front sight I should try that came with my gun to correct this.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
That's odd. If you're low at 10 yd, you should be even lower at 20 I'd think.

In general, if the gun is shooting low, either lower the front sight, or raise the rear.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
That's odd. If you're low at 10 yd, you should be even lower at 20 I'd think.

In general, if the gun is shooting low, either lower the front sight, or raise the rear.
+1
that is correct......

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Correct on the lowering the front sight...if you have a new P99 replace the sight with a lower one...if you don't have extra sights you will need to contact WaltherAmerica.

What caliber and weight bullet are you using? You problem is no doubt a sight picture but higher velocity, lighter weight bullets will often shoot lower than heavier weight bullets.

Early model P99s liked heavier bullets better than the later models....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just changed the front sight...does anyone put blue loctite on the set screw? do they have a habit of coming loose and falling out

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
My screws have never come out once U put them all the way in. And, I have swopped them many times between all my 99s.

My P99 and P99c work fine with the #4, but my SW99 shot low - so I put the #3 on it - I think that is the lowest one. It fixed it for me.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Standard practice is to use "Blue" Loctite on all sight screw applications [ excluding adjustable sight screws ] - this includes scope mounts etc.

You might get by without -- but why take the risk ?? It is very easy to break the seal of the Blue version when you need to make a change.

JF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts