Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I got a right-handed G22 because I'm right hand. A couple of my pals that I go to the range with are left handed, though, and therefore cannot shoot my G22 from their natural (left-hand) position. Is it easy for someone to shoot the G22 in their off-hand? Or will it lower their effectiveness greatly if you shoot a rifle with your off-hand?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I am right handed.... but shoot the G22 shouldered left (set up for a lefty)......
I got used to it and only do it since I am left eye dominant.....the more you pratice the more natural it gets... as long as their eye sight allows them to shoot your rifle right shouldered it should not be a problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm how about shooting it with your non-dominant eye? Is that a severe disadvantage tha using your dominant eye?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm a lefty but I had to get mine in a righty cos my son is a righty. I have learnt to shoot right. Don't try it shooting off hand , you're going to get a faceful of expelled gas even if you can avoid a poke in the eye . That's why I got the red dot, because I'm also left eye dominant.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I can not shoot with my non dominant (right) eye, unless I use a eye patch for my left eye...
My daughter is left eye dominant also...which didn't take long to figure out.... she held the rifle right handed but her head was so bend over the rifle to see through the sights that I just set it up lefty.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm so I guess my two left-handed, left-eye dominant pals are just sad out of luck when using my right handed G22. It's not easy to change my G22 to left-hand configuration and back to right-hand on the fly, is it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yup out of luck. Heck you're supposed to learn how to shoot off hand anyway. You may be surprised, your weaker hand may do OK, since it's weaker you tend to jerk and pull the trigger a lot less.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Eddo...
I did change my G22 to lefty myself.. but it is not something you do on the fly...
you have to detail stripp the G22 all the way to change the setup...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts