Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this problem with their P99c. Mine is a .40SW. From 7 yards on out, my groups are consistently on the high side (I like the front sight center on what I am aiming at, not the traditional 6 o'clock hold). I just put the higher #5 front sight on and will see how I do.

Sure wish my Mepros would hurry up and come. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm having the opposite problem with my p99 full size; I group low with the #4.

Of course, thats the beautiful thing about an changeable front sight; it will handle various shooting styles just fine.

I've switched to the #3 for this weeks shooting, and I suspect that will square things away.

·
Registered
333 Posts
HIGH -- is good ........ shooting low is bad, very bad. Hits to the upper torso have a much more devistating effect than strikes to the lower abdomen.

If course, if you are using the P-99C as a target gun - than you need it to shoot POA

Its been my experience that under extreme stress, shooters will generally push their shots low ....... so any pistol that is set up to compensate for this defect is going to serve the Master well.

JF.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
My P99 and P99c are dead on with the #4. However, my SW99 that I prev had shot low. I had to put the #3 sight on to bring it up to the correct point.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, with the #3 sight my full size p99 in 40 still shot low by about 4" even at 15 feet. Three diffrent shooters tried it, and all grouped in the same spot.

It also grouped so far left that the rear sight was visably off the slide and it was still a good 5" left at 15 feet. I'm starting to think I got a bad pistol, and am wondering if investing in night sights would even be worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts