Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got got a new catalog in the mail today. Most mail catalogs are crap, but this one caught my eye.

"Shooter's 2004 Spring Shooting Supplies"
or www.sportsmansguide.com

Has anyone used this company before? Is has a large listing of shooting gear and hi-cap mags (here we go again) for lots of guns including the S&W 99/ P-99's. Although it doesn't say the mfg of the mags, it states that they are new pre-bans. (gag!)
Before everyone goes bezerk about another mags thread, don't kill the messenger, please. Just passing the info along.

It lists #AX4A-80906 as individual 17rd 9mm or 12rd .40's for $39.97 ea.
It lists #AX4A-80907 as 3 pack mags in same calibers for $99.97/ 3

If anyone tries these out, pass it along. It seems like a decent price.(Plus shipping I would assume)

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have been buying from from sportsmansguide for years and years now.great company.join the club it makes for great savings if you buy alot.also has some of the best prices/next to cheaperthandirt.com

·
Registered
178 Posts
I too have used Sportsmansguide....I buy quite alot of AK ammo from them and have always been treated well. If anyone gives those mags a whirl, please let us all know how they are.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It seems we got the catalog the same day. I was about to ask the same question here. I suspect these are the same low-quality mags they sell on e-bay and elsewhere (ProMag and such).
A general question I have: who is actually liable in this case - a buyer or the club? Let's say, the mags are illegal and I buy them. Is burden of proof on me or is it on the seller? I am assured by them the mags are legal, it is part of the advertisement here.

I have a very very bed experience with after market Walther p99 mags, namely ProMags. All three failed to lock the slide back while empty and one caused multiple FTFs to top it. Never ever happens with MecGar factory mags.

Take care,
Val

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received their catalog in the mail the other day too.  But, I didn't see the Walther mags.  What page please?  And if anyone finds out if these are Mec-Gar or not please post here.

Thanks,

Ersin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Found it! Page 49. In the left column, 5th and 6th row down in the list. It's item C in the pictures, and like DoctorV says, it has the fat floorplate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts