Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I received my serpa holster for my G20, I've been contacting blackhawk about making one for the P99.  The serpa is much better than I was expecting and it is now my favorite holster.  They just kept telling me to write their R&D department through their website.  I had never heard anything positive back until this morning.  I was told they just recently discussed making a serpa for the P99 in their last R&D meeting.  I think this is worth pursuing.  Anyone interested should write their R&D dept.  The link is on their main page.  Write, call, or do like I did and do both repeatedly.
http://www.blackhawk.com/randd.asp?d=
I discussed the differences in frames and mag releases and offered suggestions about them.  I also told them if they are already making one for the H&K P30, surely they could make one for the P99s.  Please help the cause.

Anyone have or tried a serpa?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'll be needing a concealed carry holster soon. It doesn't look like the serpa is suitable for that, right? Would be rather hard to depress the release button. I like the holster though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While not the best option for concealment, I've actually concealed my G20 with it using the belt option.  I imagine it would be easier with the P99.  It comes with a belt and paddle attachment.  I find the belt option easier to conceal and remove and replace quickly.  I don't see why it would be hard to depress the button, though.  It's quite easy to operate once you get used to it and it's adjustable.  It has adjustable cant and retension.  I'm curious if they will make one to fit all P99 models or if they will limit it to newer frames.  I've also mounted it to a vest with their platform and it works great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I said it isn't the best option for concealment.  If they make one for the P99, I would probably never use it for concealment because I have better options.  However, it is a great holster so far.  I mainly use it at the range or while hiking and hunting.  As for cheap, don't knock it til ya try it.  I was inside the police dept. a couple weeks ago and they all had serpas for their G22s.  They said they just got them and really liked them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (nitrex @ Nov. 01 2006,12:01)]While not the best option for concealment, I've actually concealed my G20 with it using the belt option. I imagine it would be easier with the P99. It comes with a belt and paddle attachment. I find the belt option easier to conceal and remove and replace quickly. I don't see why it would be hard to depress the button, though. It's quite easy to operate once you get used to it and it's adjustable. It has adjustable cant and retension. I'm curious if they will make one to fit all P99 models or if they will limit it to newer frames. I've also mounted it to a vest with their platform and it works great.
What I meant was that the button would be hard to depress in an IWB model. For a belt model the button seems like a great solution.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've actually been wondering about a Serpa for the P99 for awhile, i like their tactical thigh rigs, and i prefer to carry on my thigh when hunting(as oppsed to on the belt). I'm definately interested in a Serpa for the P99....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
already_dead

I also prefer thigh rigs but most of the time I have to wear hip boots while hunting or fishing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had sent them this same request a few months ago and got no response....glad to hear that thier R&D maybe looking into supporting the P99.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts