Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting used to the P99. Ever since I switched my sights with the Trijicon night sights my shooting still going way off. Wished they included different front blades.

Anyways, I noticed that after couple of shooting at the range and cleaning that the 'Walther P99' logo on the front of the slide fading or scratching off. How durable are this lettering? Do you guys still have your serial numbers and lettering in 'complete' condition?

What happens when the serial numbers wear off??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excuse my ignorance, but what does CLP means?

I am using the Hoppe's stuff, the nitro solvent and lubricating oil. Say but what about the emblems on the slide on your gun? Does it fade off?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think I read something about them changing the method for engraving on Dr Lunde's FAQs. You might check there and see what it says. Mine is too new to notice anything yet.

Jim

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
CLP = Clean, Lube, Protect

The serial numbers wearing off from the slide and barrel is ok. The frame is what considered as the "gun", so as far as BATF is concerned. It's nice to have the serial numbers, just so you know what slide and barrel go with which frame, but, I've swapped barrels and slides between my P99's and they've all functioned fine.

Yes, I have had some of mine start to wear off also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts