Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In selling a gun to an individual through his FFL, should I get payment first..or should he expect to receive the gun to be sure it is as advertised before he sends payment?

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Yes, you should get payment first. If upon receipt and inspection, buyer is not satisfied, he'll have to contact you to resolve the issue. If you agree, you can provide a refund and the FFL can return the pistol. SOMEONE is going to have to pay for shipping the firearm back to you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Agreed with OF. Get your certified funds first if you don’t know the buyer. USPS is about the only thing as good as cash. Then send your gun to his licensed gun dealer for transfer once the funds are tucked away in your bank. If he refuses the gun and you’ve agreed before hand that he has the ability to return it, then have him send the gun back to you first and once you’ve inspected it and it’s in the same shape as when you sent it, then return his money.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Also consider offering the firearm at a lower price LOCAL ONLY.

This lower price will reflect the shipping cost, and peace of mind the seller has ZERO chance of demanding refund.

Contact local PD to establish a "safe" location to meet buyer!

The lack of FFL fees (face to face deal) will reduce cost for buyer also.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Money first! ;)

Well, in regards to being the seller. I'd never send a gun without having the payment first.

I also like the post about local and face to face sales, but, some states don't allow it, or it's not feasible due to distance.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've always liked the idea of face to face. Saves a lot of hassle. If you get along with an owner of a gun store in your area, Ask to arrange the sale there. The buyer can inspect the firearm and get an opinion. And an FFL is on sight. If not ALWAYS get the money 1st.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts