Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P99 .40. When I use Sellier & Bellot ammo, I get some that jam at an angle 1/2 way into battery, and sometimes it just does'nt go all the way into battery, and I have to give the slide a tap forward the rest of the way. Its doing it less the more I shoot. So, as a test I bought some Remington UMC, and it didn't jam once. When it first started this with the S&B, I polished the feed ramp. That seemed to make it a little better. Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also have a .40 P99.  I bought a hundred rounds of the S&B ammo at a gun show to give it a try.  I didn't have any reliability problems with it at all, but accuracy seemed to suffer a little bit.....my group sizes almost doubled.

I commented on this over at The Firing Line, noting that the S&B was 180g, and I've gotten pretty comfortable with 165g loads.  I don't, however, think that it was entirely my fault (just not being used to the heavier load) since the group sizes darn near doubled. I can also shoot other brand's of 180g without affecting my groupings much at all.

Reliability was just fine though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts