Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a durable (read: tough) holster for my AA P99. I currently have two -- one is all leather which snugs up well, but is not secure, and the other is a Fobus adjustable which extends too far from the body and I only use it at the range or under winter clothing.

So, this brings me to my question; has anyone tried the Safariland holster that is offered through the Smith & Wesson website?

If this holster snugs up tight to the body, I would like to know this. Also, any other issues/concerns, or praise for this holster would be appreciated.

·
Registered
328 Posts
For concealment purposes Safariland isn't really the way to go.
When it comes to Duty Gear they are king.

For really good Kydex and fast delivery try Comp-Tac

Comp Tac's web page

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've read a review or 2 on that holster. Its pretty good from what I heard. I'd get it. P.S. Go to General Disscussion and look for a Mini-14 topic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the replies, but I need a tie breaker here.

Madecov, are the Comp-Tac fixed and adjustable holsters the same width? Does the fixed holster have a cant, and if so, how much of one?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
From what I have seen, many of the polymer type holsters don't tilt forward - they all seem to be straight. That's why I am leaning towards getting a Bianchi holster for my compact 99.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P99OD @ Sep. 21 2005,12:37)]I have the C-TAC from comptac. I got it based on a review read here. Fully adjustable height and cant. Some good pics here CTAC
That looks like a nice holster, but unfortunately I prefer not to use an IWB -- since doing so would require me to purchase larger trousers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have the Comp-Tac adjustable cant holster for the P99
It's uber thin
rides at adjustable angles and sits tight to the body.
I purchased it as the Deluxe package and have a belt mount or paddle mount.

I have been a leather type guy for years, Comp-Tac has convinced me of the quality of GOOD plastic holsters

Comp-Tac Settable cant (with P22)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Greetings madecov,
That comptac holster looks very nice, does that comptac with the belt loop / slide type device fitted to it hold the pistol as close to the body as a good high ride pancake type holster?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts