Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the better places that can provide a way to carry a PPK /S ? Never having done this before, I may be way off base, but I think a better solution for me would be some kind of case or holster that could fit into a large pocket.

A real "holster" would provide a faster way to draw the gun and be prepared to use it, but I'm mostly thinking of how to carry it around, perhaps any place I go, like my wallet, keys, a hanky, mobile phone, etc.

It ought to keep dirt out of the barrel, it should cover the gun such that it couldn't fire unintentionally, and it shouldn't be excessively heavy.

Not knowing better, I was assuming leather would be a good material, but I know there are choices now.

I understand being readily accessible would be a good idea.
I certainly wouldn't want any way for the gun to plop out onto the ground accidentally.
Being right handed, I assume it should be on my right side.

Any suggestions on where to start looking, preferably with a video to give some idea of how it "works".

(USCCA has lots of probably good information - just finished reading their write-up on the gun, https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/still-contender-walther-ppks/ , and will check what they suggest about holsters later tonight.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an Alien Gear IWB. It's pretty comfortable considering the PPK/S is fairly thin. If you want to pocket carry a DeSantis may work for you. Remember though holsters are a funny thing ... you may try several before you find the right one for you. A good gun belt is important too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an Alien Gear IWB. It's pretty comfortable considering the PPK/S is fairly thin. If you want to pocket carry a DeSantis may work for you. Remember though holsters are a funny thing ... you may try several before you find the right one for you. A good gun belt is important too.
You have a stainless?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my holster from Concealment Express. It's IWB and kydex. Fit is great, good retention, and the price was great. I have a PPK/S.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Don Hume H721 "Double Nine" with thumb break retention (comes without as well. It's so good that I own several for different weapons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts