Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any fired the new Walther, namely the .380? There were some problems on the 2015 model and I was wondering if any improvements were made in the latest issue. All replies are welcome.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I've got one with the wooden grips. Functions fine. Accuracy is good.

Mine with the wooden grips has a lighter than "normal" double-action pull. Not sure if this is something they did on purpose with the wooden grip models or not, but its definitely better than the plastic grip models. (I'm talking about the recent PPK/S's)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Mine with the wooden grips has a lighter than "normal" double-action pull. Not sure if this is something they did on purpose with the wooden grip models or not, but its definitely better than the plastic grip models. (I'm talking about the recent PPK/S's)
Thank you very much. Actually, I was looking at the PPK/S in .380 with wood grips. The trigger pull is quite heavy and it would not stand to reason why there would be a difference, especially with both having the same weight. Walther fine tuned that aspect with the grips. I don't know for sure until they're weighed. But I noticed the 90th Anniversary and am tempted in purchasing. What do you think of the price of the 90th?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think a BIN price of $2,449.99 is insane for a modern PPK.
Maybe, but I get 5% off of that price. I'd like to purchase for a possible future value. They only produced 90 of them. Gold inlay and engraved in Germany. Do you believe that the item would lose value, irrespective of the BIN price?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
:The 90th anniversary is a limit production run (only 90 units) and is a "collectable". If you want it for that, then by all means go for it. If you want something to carry and shoot, then I would get a regular PPK/S.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if it is truly a "Meister" Walther. It does not say on the packaging, but then neither do the PPQ Meister's. It does say 90th Anniversary.

My other concern is, if it really is a Meister, how did they get around the '68 importation law?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Previous Anniversary PPK's are going for the same price or higher. Of course they are older and have more collector value now. The 90th, should retain most of its value, then start going up after a few years. 9 more years and we can look forward to a 100 year model. Probably cost $5k by then. :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:The 90th anniversary is a limit production run (only 90 units) and is a "collectable". If you want it for that, then by all means go for it. If you want something to carry and shoot, then I would get a regular PPK/S.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if it is truly a "Meister" Walther. It does not say on the packaging, but then neither do the PPQ Meister's. It does say 90th Anniversary.

My other concern is, if it really is a Meister, how did they get around the '68 importation law?
I'm unfamiliar with the 1968 Importation Law. The item was made in Ft. Smith. In reality, I have no idea what a Meister is. I'm not going to research trivial details. The fact is only 90 have been produced. Naturally, I would not ever fire the weapon. The collectibility is what I seek, nothing more. Thank you very much for the support.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Previous Anniversary PPK's are going for the same price or higher. Of course they are older and have more collector value now. The 90th, should retain most of its value, then start going up after a few years. 9 more years and we can look forward to a 100 year model. Probably cost $5k by then. :eek:
Well, you made me laugh. Money is really not the point, rather obtaining a piece of iron that has value. Will I ever see that value, probably not But I can leave it to the family. It is merely a game and the game is getting quite expensive. I've sold most all of my prized arms, yet I'm still looking. Thank you very much for the fine details.

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with the 1968 Importation Law. The item was made in Ft. Smith.
The PPK was banned from importation into the US by the Gun Control Act of 1968. That means that this PPK was not only made in the US but also engraved here, not in Germany.

I'm not going to research trivial details.
I think that is a mistake on such an expensive purchase. Your first mistake was in the title of this thread. The gun in question is a PPK and not a PPK/S. Spending $2,500 on a firearm and not even knowing what model it is isn't what I'd call a trivial detail.

I'm also concerned that the seller description only has one photo attached. If there were ninety of these guns produced then I suspect that they were machine engraved. There's a big difference in collectibility and value between machine and hand engraving. I don't think this PPK has the long term value that you think it will.

You asked for our input and I've tried to give you the best advice I can. I hope I'm not coming across as a jerk.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The PPK was banned from importation into the US by the Gun Control Act of 1968. That means that this PPK was not only made in the US but also engraved here, not in Germany.

I think that is a mistake on such an expensive purchase. Your first mistake was in the title of this thread. The gun in question is a PPK and not a PPK/S. Spending $2,500 on a firearm and not even knowing what model it is isn't what I'd call a trivial detail.

I'm also concerned that the seller description only has one photo attached. If there were ninety of these guns produced then I suspect that they were machine engraved. There's a big difference in collectibility and value between machine and hand engraving. I don't think this PPK has the long term value that you think it will.

You asked for our input and I've tried to give you the best advice I can. I hope I'm not coming across as a jerk.
I very much appreciate your support and expertise. I believe the 90th is stainless, is it not? It stands to reason that machine graving is less prominent than hand engraving. I believe I read that the item was engraved in Germany. Your opinion is one that I respect and consider not your words empty. I'm getting some flack as to purchase. It's not the money at all, rather the greed that is becoming more prevalent with each passing day. It is not only firearms but runs the entire gamut of products. This I know for I'm always purchasing and comparing prices. Thank you very much for the courtesy. I may very well bypass the item.Walther Arms PPK Stainless 90th Anniversary .380 ACP 3.3" 1:10" Bbl Pistol w/Pau Ferro Wood Grips, German Oak Leaf Engraving & (2) 6rd Mags 4796003

·
Registered
4 Posts

My 2020 PPK # A0819XX measures 12 lbs double and 4lbs single action Pretty close to all m PP/PPks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts