Walther Forums banner

Seeking Experiences with Wood Grips...

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  OM44 
#1 ·
...on an Interarms PPK/S in .380ACP.

Those of you who shoot a PPK/S with wood grips: are they comfortable? How do they feel with the sharp recoil of the .380 PPK/S? Please compare and contrast to the feel of the factory plastic grips. While they look fantastic, the checkered woods grips on my S&W Model 66 "burn" my hand a slight bit with the heavy recoil of the .357 cartridge.

Should I decide to go wood, the options I've found are Walther "factory" checkered wood grips ($15 @ CDNN, $45 at Earl's - not sure their the same as CDNN though), a cocobolo checkered wood grip from a company called Herrett ($30 @CDNN) and a variety of different Hogue wood grips, checkered and smooth from Midway anywhere from $50-$70. Any opinions on/knowledge about the differences between these alternatives?

THANKS!

#2 ·
I use wood grips on mine specifically because of the narrow backstrap. The standard plastic ones don't come flush to the back of the hangun, leaving the narrow frame to press against your hand.

Mine are a smooth fingergroove type. I like them, but would like to try a stippled pattern too.

#5 ·
Grips

I found a set of composite grips at a gun show. They make the gun much more
pleasant to shoot than the factory grips, especially since I used a dremal
tool to reshape the grip in certain area. Now it fits my hand better than
any other gun I own. Try it, you'll like it! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.