Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the last three digits on early Pp and Ppk guns doesn’t appear hand scribed inside of the slide, should that always mean that the frame and slide are not a match?

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I don't think it means anything.

I've even seen them come from the factory with a different number scratched inside.

M

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses guys. I was asking this because I was looking at a million series gun and the seller couldn’t see any numbers scribed on the slide. I have a few early guns and they all have the numbers although one was very hard to find and magnification and very bright light was needed to see them so I think they can easily be missed. It seems being there are no records from Walther to fall back on these guns unlike Colt and S&W and others where you can be sure you have what left the factory. With the Walthers
it is a leap of faith so investing a lot of money on one IMHO is a real crapshoot and you better love what you are buying. And understand you are going to have to find someone of a like mind to get your money back. Although I guess that is how you should feel regarding anything you are collecting. All this being said I still love them and they seem to continue to go up in value.
Thanks Again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts