Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a used Leather Galco Small Of Back Holster for my PPK/S today @ Shooter's Supply in Louisville..
I also got a Uncle Mikes Pocket holster for My .380 too..
I'm Sure the pocket holster will see more use than the SOB but both are great..
I'll have to get a few crappy pics of them later tonight..
Love the pocket holster, Fits great in your front pocket..
There's nothing like a new holster to get you to carry!!
Going Out Now!!

B92

·
Registered
32 Posts
With some good pants and a good belt the PPK/S works great in the pocket! I got a great pocket holster from K & D Holsters and love it!

www.kdholsters.com

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's alot nicer than the one I scored!!
And I can't post any pics as my other computer is dead?? Now I need my cameras software & photo ediing software on my new machine too..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also got a nice used Galco for a SIG P230 that's gonna be my favorite I believe..Have a Look!!
B92 Out!!
Galco CON252H for SIG sauer P230/P232

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess I got lucky, my Don Hume IWB holster for my Makarov fit's my PPK/S pretty much like a glove. I really like that SOB holster and the pocket holster as well. It's always nice to have different options.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a nice IWB Sonny D!!

The SOB is nice but very uncomfortable for me, I prefer the Galco Belt holster to it!!
Even the pocket holster will get some use, expecialy in my leather coats inside front pocket..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks B92! Yeah, SOB's have never been very comfortable for me either. I've never bought a pocket holster, I almost did for my Kel Tec P3AT but it's so easy just to carry in my pocket alone I didn't feel it was worth the money for a good leather one. I don't wear tight pants so I don't have a printing problem.
It's hard to beat the price and quality of the Don Hume holsters. I think I have 9 different models. Some do dual purpose, like for my XD and Glock, the one for my SIG is perfect for my S&W 5904 and 1076. I don't think I've paid 30.00 including shipping for any of them...hard to pass up a deal like that.

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear Ya!!
I have a whole container full of holsters for several different handguns HK P7M8, SIG Sauer P225, Glock 19, Beretta92FS, Ruger SP101, Walther PPK/S etc.
Sharkskin Kramer, Lou Alessi, Matt Del Fatti, Galco etc.
I carry the Walther the most here lately as it carries the best, Smaller/Lighter, I realy Like the Walther!!
I had to score a few decent holsters for it..
Oh & BTW my Don Hume IWB is for a Makarov too!! Fits Great!! Only difference between yours & mine is yours is in focus!! I need a new Camera!!
B92

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SonnyD @ Feb. 20 2006,21:04)]...  I've never bought a pocket holster, I almost did for my Kel Tec P3AT but it's so easy just to carry in my pocket alone I didn't feel it was worth the money for a good leather one.  ...

Regards Sonny
Hey Sonny,

One good argument for the use of a pocket holster is that it protects the trigger guard. Even if you carry it alone in the pocket, the off chance of engaging that trigger while it's still in your front pocket is, well, emasculating at best

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with you in most regards, If my 1911 style pistols would fit in my pocket, I wouldn't even think of carrying them there, even with 2-3 safeties, they all have 3lb or less triggers, same way with Glocks, XD's, or any number of my collection that have no safeties and light triggers.
My KT like the Walther have very heavy triggers, and the KT has a long and heavy trigger. It would probably measure in the 12-15lb pull range, and then all the way back to the back of the trigger guard. I'd never say it couldn't happen, but if I ever got that gun to fire without deliberately pulling the trigger, I would be flabbergasted!!.........I've been carrying that KT for several years, Now if I shoot myself, I'm going to be PIS*ED!!, LOL

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
713 Posts
A good pocket holds the pistol in place in proper position ready for draw. I find pistols turn all ways with out a holster. I ain't pocket carrying my Colt Mustang Locked and cocked with out a proper holster. that trigger needs protected.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with you on that pistol, just like I do with my 1911's. I do have an added advantage with my KT...it's got a pocket clip on it. Many times I've had people look at me and say..."how come your carrying 2 Knives" The KT with the clip looks just like a knife when it's clipped to my pocket.
I'll agree a holster in most cases is a better idea, but I still don't feel unsafe with the KT in my bare pocket. I'll probably check into a pocket holster for the PPK though, partly because I don't mind spending 60-70 for a leather holster for a gun of it's value.

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've seen those clips for the KelTecs. Very clever idea. Can't do that with your Colt...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thinking about a pocket clip for my P-32 You can get a Good Leather pocket holster by Don Hume from Gunners Alley for 38 bucks I belive including shipping. All my pocket pistol ride in Hume PPK/S and Mustang Get Pocket and IWB from Don. Has for KT also same price.

·
Registered
713 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MLB @ Feb. 22 2006,18:51)]I've seen those clips for the KelTecs.  Very clever idea.  Can't do that with your Colt...
Well yes I can theirs a Company that makes a Clip that mounts on slide with a stick on Suppose to be very strong. Can be removed with actone If I remember. So I could clip Mustang if I wanted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I've seen those, they've actually been out in one form or the other for quite a while.

Regards sonny

1 - 20 of 22 Posts