Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to buy a old style frame P99 for $400... guy told me less than 200 rounds down the range.....
I been holding out to find a "AF" 9mm but doubt I have much luck in finding a "AS" one......
or should I buy one of the first P99's with the split trigger and a BA6 for $750 ???
Damn decissions to make....

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I would definitely go ahead and purchase one of the first generation P99 pistols. It sounds like the price is a good deal. As to the trigger configuration, it boils down to a personal choice. I like the early models that have the split hinge trigger. The P99 that I regularly use is an eearly Interarms import with the stated trigger configuration. IMHO, I would take into consideration on how you plan on enjoying one of the pistols. Is it for range use, concealed carry, or collecting? If you want the pistol strictly for collecting, I would go for the hinged trigger configuration. They are getting harder-and-harder to locate, especially in pristine condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my new [old] split trigger. I would compare it to my sigs and HK's, I love the way it feels and shoots. I found mine for $450, as new, didn't know at the time what a good deal I got.:)

·
Patron
212 Posts
I have the chance to buy a old style frame P99 for $400... guy told me less than 200 rounds down the range.....
I been holding out to find a "AF" 9mm but doubt I have much luck in finding a "AS" one......
or should I buy one of the first P99's with the split trigger and a BA6 for $750 ???
Damn decissions to make....
That $750 one sounds like good ol' EARL'S!! Yikes. Help me out here........what's a BA6?? :confused:

If you don't buy that early frame 9mm for the $400 how about turning me onto the seller as I'd like it (assuming it's AS in black). I'd even trade a fairly mint new style AS black .40 for it straight up. ;) I'm an FFL also.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ask your wife. I am sure she has some suggestions on what to do with your money.:D

Oppps....forgot .....:(
But I can always make it better with some roses ! Right :D

·
Patron
212 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
$400 for a like new old style! Go for it! You can always get your money out of it if you take care of it. It's like Will Rogers said about land, "They aint make any more of it"...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, not yet....
I could get a good deal on the early P99 at Collectors firearms.... $725 shiped with the BA6 laser..... but the idiots sold off the box with target to some guy that comes in their store, buys them and then tunrs around and sells them on ebay......well that just sold on ebay yesterday.... and I don't wanna spend the $300 for the laser..... too much at the time....
the other one I am still in the air..... I think I need to wait till I get my trailer that I just made a downpayment on ... 6 weeks till delivery....
I think I once more was getting ahead of myself......
also sombody through a wrench in my plans today telling me there is no more 9x18ultra ammo for my PP Super at SOG .... (not a bad thing for telling me but....) now I need to hunt down and get some more of what I can find before there is no more.....

*edit
BTW... I was right about the roses.... wife had told me to get the one from Collectors but I just didn't want to spend the money on the laser....and they refused to sell the P99 without it...

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Collector's Firearms is ridiculously high.

Last year, they had a used green P99 A/S for $600 w/ no box, no sights and no back straps. It was on Gunbroker - U told me about it. After it wouldn't sell, I contacted the store directly. They wouldn't budge.

I can't remember their new prices exactly, but I think it was around over $650.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well IMHO
$725 shipped for a mint P99 9mm first generation , split trigger... with a $300 BA6 laser isn't a bad of a price
but then again if you don't need the laser it is.... I wish they would sell it without the laser.. but now with the box in somebody else hands I am not even interested in it anymore....unless I get my hands on the test target...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts