Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What taxes, fees, and duties are involved when purchasing from the fatherland and surrounding countries?

Im interested in buying from Walther Germany directly, and maybe an optic or two, as it seems cheaper there. I'm just not sure if it's worth it if there are additional fees that will negate the cost savings.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Walther Germany flat out refused to sell to an individual that resides in a country that has a Walther dealer/distribution network.

If you want info, look at the Simpson LTD website. They were helpful when I purchased a few firearms in Europe last year. Nica Ponce was instrumental in helping me thru the process, as well as providing ALL the forms to make it legal. FYI, there WILL be paperwork, LOTS!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Walther Germany flat out refused to sell to an individual that resides in a country that has a Walther dealer/distribution network.

If you want info, look at the Simpson LTD website. They were helpful when I purchased a few firearms in Europe last year. Nica Ponce was instrumental in helping me thru the process, as well as providing ALL the forms to make it legal. FYI, there WILL be paperwork, LOTS!
Interestingly, I bought my P7M13 and P5 Compact from different guys that were at some point imported by Simpson LTD. When I move to TX, I’ll be using them to add more gems to the collection.

Right now I’m mostly concerned with a S&B 5-45x56 PMII for my bolt gun, and thought about buying a P99 marked aluminum case from Walther Germany. The prices are displayed in USD, but does not indicate if any additional expenses come into play after checkout. The optics website does indicate shipping to the US.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Haven't bought a lot from the EU, but I would suggest the one thing that makes all international purchases easier is to work with a dealer well versed in exporting good to the US. Let them do the work and they can estimate duties, taxes, fees, shipping etc.

Last summer, I bought a lot of fishing tackle from Japan. They make some of the best you can get but don't export the high end stuff to the US. I found a dealer who handled everything and I would get the items in a couple days.

My last EU transaction was an Irish guitar, bought from a Canadian dealer, and shipped to the US. I did have some import duties and fees but the dealer identified those prior to shipping or charging my credit card. Even with the $300 or so on top of the purchase price, it was still a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts